Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying your H over water? May want to try a set of these.

Reaction score
I've been waiting for my H wondering in the back of my mind am I setting myself up for an epic FAIL.

The majority of my flying will be done over water and I worried that just one idiot newb mistake by myself or some sort of systems error could end in a splashdown! It's one thing to crash on land in a field or forest somewhere, at least you have a chance of retrieval and repair. Crash in the ocean and it's time to hit the re-order button :eek:.

Found this product and it looks to be a good idea for a little peace of mind. No guarantee but at least you may have a shot at recovery. Gonna put a pair on the H. Anyone have any experience with the "GETTERBACKS"? If so, please save me from myself!

Amazon.com : GetterBack Rod Recovery System with Black Velcro Strap, Yellow : Fishing Reel Care Accessories : Sports & Outdoors

Reactions: SeabeeCDR
I've been waiting for my H wondering in the back of my mind am I setting myself up for an epic FAIL.

The majority of my flying will be done over water and I worried that just one idiot newb mistake by myself or some sort of systems error could end in a splashdown! It's one thing to crash on land in a field or forest somewhere, at least you have a chance of retrieval and repair. Crash in the ocean and it's time to hit the re-order button :eek:.

Found this product and it looks to be a good idea for a little peace of mind. No guarantee but at least you may have a shot at recovery. Gonna put a pair on the H. Anyone have any experience with the "GETTERBACKS"? If so, please save me from myself!

Amazon.com : GetterBack Rod Recovery System with Black Velcro Strap, Yellow : Fishing Reel Care Accessories : Sports & Outdoors

Wow, this is impressive, wish it didn't take 10 min+ to deploy. Heck even at 30 sec everything inside would likely be a lost cause leaving you with nothing more than a shell but if your plan would be to repair I guess something is better than nothing.

Wow, this is impressive, wish it didn't take 10 min+ to deploy. Heck even at 30 sec everything inside would likely be a lost cause leaving you with nothing more than a shell but if your plan would be to repair I guess something is better than nothing.

I looked at this option and decided the deploy time was much too long. Also, I'm not sure it would lift the H after it sank. I think this is a better idea:

Reactions: SeabeeCDR
I was wondering about that option also MD. The landing gear on the H seems a bit delicate though, and I guess you couldn't retract the landing gear?

Only issue, is if you land in OCEAN(salt water) you are toast and without hope anyways, the salt will short every resister and diode out in 5 secs due to salts conductivity. Freshwater, ummh!, you might have a 50/50 chance. So if you plan to fly over the ocean, don't waste the money!:( Because eventually it is going to flip over. Why in the world would someone want to land on water? When you can take off/land on land ? If someone likes water sports, get a RC boat to have fun in the water with!:confused:

Reactions: wave7373
Only issue, is if you land in OCEAN(salt water) you are toast and without hope anyways, the salt will short every resister and diode out in 5 secs due to salts conductivity. Freshwater, ummh!, you might have a 50/50 chance. So if you plan to fly over the ocean, don't waste the money!:( Because eventually it is going to flip over. Why in the world would someone want to land on water? When you can take off/land on land ? If someone likes water sports, get a RC boat to have fun in the water with!:confused:

what you don't use yours for fishing?o_O

If you want to land on water get this. There is a newer version listed on Amazon as well.

I was wondering about that option also MD. The landing gear on the H seems a bit delicate though, and I guess you couldn't retract the landing gear?

The landing gear is beefy enough to handle the foam. I don't see any reason why you couldn't retract the landing gear. As mentioned by others, I wouldn't land on water intentionally. Only reason to do something like the foam would be to allow a recovery from water after a forced landing...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis