Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Follow me mode ?

Reaction score
Hello folks,
Just got the H Pro for Christmas. Love it
What I would like to know is in follow me mode will the H go up and down hills staying the same height off the ground?
Or if I start on the bottom of a mountain set it to 25 Ft off the ground and take off with my quad up the side of the mountain will it fly into the mountain or follow the terrain?

The H will follow altitude changes of the Wizard and (I believe) ST-16. However, the barometer is only approximate, so you have to be a little aware of vertical drift. Search on YouTube for videos by vegasrobbi - he tests out the follow me modes and shows what you can expect. @Vegasrobbi is also on here, so he might post later :)

The pro has Ips right? On the breeze that will raise it when an obstacle or terrain exceeds the take off to ground distance default. It does not readjust and go back down over a down slope or depression. I'm guessing H behaves the same as I feel like the Breeze has the most basic with their choice of infrared sensing and down camera mapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The pro has Ips right? On the breeze that will raise it when an obstacle or terrain exceeds the take off to ground distance default. It does not readjust and go back down over a down slope or depression. I'm guessing H behaves the same as I feel like the Breeze has the most basic with their choice of infrared sensing and down camera mapping.

The H should follow the altitude of the controller, up or down. However, as @Tuna points out, don't push the limits of precision. Allow plenty of ground clearance.

The H should follow the altitude of the controller, up or down. However, as @Tuna points out, don't push the limits of precision. Allow plenty of ground clearance.

So pro does not matter as it's the calculated distance between GPS in H and GPS at ST? Hence needing the max sats for lock with blinking white light and watch/follow will behave properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hello folks,
Just got the H Pro for Christmas. Love it
What I would like to know is in follow me mode will the H go up and down hills staying the same height off the ground?
Or if I start on the bottom of a mountain set it to 25 Ft off the ground and take off with my quad up the side of the mountain will it fly into the mountain or follow the terrain?

So pro does not matter as it's the calculated distance between GPS in H and GPS at ST? Hence needing the max sats for lock with blinking white light and watch/follow will behave properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

As I understand it, GPS is only used for lat/long in follow me. Altitude uses a barometric sensor, which is why precision is limited. But yes, you need plenty of sats for the correct relative position between ST and H to be calculated.

As I understand it, GPS is only used for lat/long in follow me. Altitude uses a barometric sensor, which is why precision is limited. But yes, you need plenty of sats for the correct relative position between ST and H to be calculated.

Interesting as the Breeze is trying to use the camera and I'm still trying to get that figured out. It did not like the nature around me and needs more mono chrome background like grassy fields. Two batteries but little following.

739afc10c149bb58f11aa11c20bcce3c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

953f042c86111be7323ddd9063043308.jpg

Make sure all your compass calibrations are done.

Instead if using the "magic" button.
In smart mode.
First short press both left and right arrows, try the watch me mode first, then turn on your altitude function.
But you have to do it twice.
Maybe because it is on by default. Then go for a walk up a hill and down a hill. Then you will be certain that the altitude function is activated correctly.

The H has dynamic altitude with the Wizard. The H will correct altitude using the baro in the Wizard. At higher altitudes dynamic altitude is pretty much hands off in follow. At low altitudes there is a rubber band effect so you should keep the wand at hand to blip the throttle.

If the Wizard shakes around too much the H acts erratically so Yuneec recommends turning off dynamic altitude if your on a jet ski or bouncing around too much. I turn off dynamic altitude off on rough trails and use the Wizard to control altitude.

You can tell if dynamic altitude is on by moving the Wizard up and down and watch for the H to react. In the second video you can see the H does a good job holding altitude down low on this relatively steep trail. Note the last shot is a P4 without dynamic altitude and it gains over 100 feet on the same trail.

Thanks a lot for all that info.
Will the Obstacle Avoidance function work in watch me mode?
I think im really going to like this H

something like that. If you what watch me chasing something faster you need to leave OA off and make sure your path is clear.

Well here is 1 more for you guys
If I was floating down the river can I turn on the H and floot away for say 1/8 mile and take off? So I can take vid on the way down the river to catch up to me?

Well here is 1 more for you guys
If I was floating down the river can I turn on the H and floot away for say 1/8 mile and take off? So I can take vid on the way down the river to catch up to me?
It wont catch up with you. It stays pretty much the set distance you make when you take off and put it in the air. Once you start moving, it will move too. Plus watch me mode has a geo fence of 295 feet, meaning the aircraft wont go further then 295 feet from the wizard or the st 16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ankit09sharma20