Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

fpv and gps

Reaction score
Leawood, KS. Right in the middle of nowhere...
i have a couple of questions about the mantis. im thinking about getting the typhoon, but i hate the size of it and i dont need something that nice. my first question is does this have geofencing like the typhoon and is it easy like the typhoon to remove? and my second one is, does this need a smartphone for fpv, or can you use a built in screen or even just buy a 5.8 ghz monitor/goggles? like even the yuneec goggles?

Here is the user manual for the Mantis Q

Attachments

• Mantis Q_USER MANUAL_V1.0_20180921.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: FINNY
Here is the user manual for the Mantis Q

With regards to the Mantis Q - Would using a NVIDIA Sheild tablet with an HDMI out port allow for the use of FPV? I.E. USB from the controller to the tablet, then HDMI From the tablet to the FPV goggles (Fat Shark) ?

i have a couple of questions about the mantis. im thinking about getting the typhoon, but i hate the size of it and i dont need something that nice. my first question is does this have geofencing like the typhoon and is it easy like the typhoon to remove? and my second one is, does this need a smartphone for fpv, or can you use a built in screen or even just buy a 5.8 ghz monitor/goggles? like even the yuneec goggles?
support geofencing and default is off
fly with app on ios and android smart phone. still can fly even without monitor, depends on your skill,LOL

support geofencing and default is off
fly with app on ios and android smart phone. still can fly even without monitor, depends on your skill,LOL

Jack - Great questions. I think we're all wondering about the Mantis Q and it's FPV capabilities. I wrote to Yuneec last night asking that very same question. We'll see what the response is. From some of the other posts I've read, it appears the Mantis Q does have Geo fencing parameters built it. Whether or not they can be removed, is another story. Let me know what you find out.

@LinsonW answered the geofencing saying it is there, but off by default. This means you can set a distance in the drone settings. There is a range limit and the specs for that are in the user manual. See the sticky posts in the Mantis Q forum.

I’ve asked Yuneec for clarification on what the actual FOV capabilities are for the Mantis Q. Hope to be able to answer with more info soon.

Bump, any update on FPV for mantis?

Sorry, no reply to my request. I guess there is no plan for that functionality, at least in this first version of the Mantis Q.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval