Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

From beginning wondered why H3 did not have aperture control ?

Reaction score

yes of course dji has mo $$ for dev, but surely not so hard to add an aperture control, dev a cam w/ adj aperture, and for that matter why not a nice 10x zoom too, that would have made the Leica cam worth it over the Plus and maybe even an alternative 'pro' cam if duration good enuf.

Was the Leica partnership (or was it just a name buy?) worth it for Yuneec, in practicality I would say a waste of time and $$, was it nothing but a PR stunt to get mo $$ above the Plus and draw 'new model' attention to a failing US mkt (world?) ?

Sad that Yuneec has failed when they really could have had mo success, but then nearly all have failed in US but dji.

but much better collision safety 360, mo reliable video connection, better indication of battery left in % or even just colored levels, but also the above.

So much GOOD but so much ignored or misjudged, thus the lost US mkt and would imagine declining world wide as well.

Offer a great usable Drone and 'they will come' but then they did not even do that.

SAD !

'an owner of a great but antique H480' !

Yuneec's failings to recognize and adapt their products to the market is without question, one of their weakest links, indeed this has been a topic that has been discussed in depth for at least three years. That said, the Typhoon H (in my estimation) is still one of the greatest platforms in the consumer drone market ever. We as consumers can envision things at times that are neither economically; or for other reasons - possible but there are clearly aspects that could be improved with minimal effort.

The 520 and H Plus are probably the peak of the Typhoon line. The H3, released in minimal fashion and with literally zero support in the US thus far is an enigma. Personally I don't see how it has any real advantage of either the Plus or the 520 - I also believe the branding of 'Leica' to it's camera is certainly an attempt to compete with DJI's Mavic 2 Pro and it's Hasselblad equipped camera - thus a gimmick.

But here is the thing - I have an M2P as well as a Plus and I for one am not so ready to declare the M2P as 'better' in any way, shape, form or fashion. The M2P certainly has a LOT of refinement that the Yuneec Typhoon line never did and never will receive but the Typhoon H has features that none of the sub 2000 offerings from DJI can match either.

I hope one day we can see more about the H3, till then I still like my Plus. I have a M2P also but it is not a replacement of the Plus but more of a 'fill-in-the-gaps' aircraft. Don't get me wrong, I still complain a lot about how much better these things could be, ;) but I also have been to the other side of the fence and have seen the grass ain't so green.

I personally would say the Hasselblad is/was a gimmick too.

If familiar with 'Zeiss' 'NON Zeiss' lens as used/sold by sony, they were simply 'approved' designs by sony that Zeiss said were acceptable to their 'standards' and so could place their name on - were never made by zeiss, chinese or japanese made or that sort of thing - not to say they were not good lens - but really just labeling. (removed by moderator)

but i could be wrong but why would Hasselblad even want to design a 'small' sensor drone cam unless very capable and impressive, great zoom, aperture, fully corrected lens ?

if not great would tarnish a great name, no ? same for Leica but then $$ is $$ for little work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval