Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GB603 and GH4 - Geo tagging needs GPS

Reaction score
Been examining the H920 option of using a GB603 Gimbal & GH4 Camera. It's been noted the CGO4 Camera lacks the GH4 Geotagging. I've examined the GH4 (GH3, GH5) and although they do offer Geotagging, they lack a built-in GPS and require a GPS enabled iPhone or Andriod linked & providing the GPS data for the Geotagging metadata via a Panasonic App.

Explored various options to not need a GPS phone attached, so far haven't found an alternative method. I had hoped there was a method to use the H920's GPS data.

Wanting to avoid the weight & size of a phone, I was able to find a low cost nifty little 2.5" Screen, GSM 4G LTE Android phone running Android 7, full featured smart phone with GPS, Gyro, wireless, etc. Able to run all the Android 7 apps and only weighs 60 gram (2.1oz) compared to lightest iPhone @ 5.1oz.

If anyone is playing with a GH4 for Geotagging... not a bad solution, attach the little "Jelly Pro" phone to belly of H920.

https://www.amazon.com/Unihertz-Sma...rd_wg=QOaiF&psc=1&refRID=AWZYVCAP5AATZJ0Y6591

Just for general info, the 920+ has a total lift capability of a bit over 30lbs so adding a phone for GPS tagging won't set back flight time much.

Understood; mainly focused on minimal clutter and overall bulk attached while still maintaining reliable function.

Doesn't the CGO3+ include ability to geotag?
If changed CGO3+ lens to a NDVI / NIR for Ag Crop condition surveying; was questioning if photos could be geo mapped?

You are correct, and it’s the reason I opted to obtain a CGO-3 gimbal adapter. For my purposes changing the CGO-3 lens to a Peau or PixAero 8+mm provides an image magnified about 3.7x, eliminating need for cropping, which is **** on resolution. When the CGO-3 is installed on the 920+ the aircraft and system essentially become a very large Typhoon H, with every function an H possesses. I don’t know such would be the case with the original 920 as it uses the ST-24 instead of the -16.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my