Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gifi 8050mAh Battery Test

It's easy to understand. Might be different if he was Geordie!

It's easy to understand. Might be different if he was Geordie!
My wife (now deceased) came from Sunderland just south of Newcastle so that's where I picked up a smattering of the Geordie 'twang'. In that video I made an effort to speak in understandable English for my target audience...mainly our friends over the pond. I put my 'paid employment' voice on. In normal conversation with someone who can speak the same dialect it could easily have been like:

"Heyup, How art thee? Dust tha want a cuppa scadd?" = "Hello there, How are you? Do you want a cup of tea?". The word 'Scadd' is from the Geordie Sunderland dialect, the rest is mainly a West Yorkshire/East Lancashire dialect known as 'East Owdam'. Think of the song 'On Ilkley Moor Baht-At'. East Owdam has a lot of similarities to that but still remains a distinct dialect. I know of no-one much younger than myself that can speak it fluently: My son can't speak it. Even he sometimes looks at me blankly.

East Owdam Is a dying dialect only fluently spoken by a very small number of the older generation living in a small area on the Western side of the Pennnines called Saddleworth Saddleworth - Wikipedia . Saddleworth Moor is famous for the Moors Murders where Ian Brady and Myra Hindley buried the bodies of those poor children in the 1960's.

Last edited:
Love to hear more. Adding voice adds realism in any video. And adding a voice I don't hear every day adds a personal touch that drives the realism to an astounding level. Great work. Great idea.

And by the way, the voice is marvelous. It would be the LAST thing you would want to change.
With this, among other posts, in mind I have decided to put another video together. It's just finished rendering so I'll upload it to YouTube now and provide a link to it in the video and pictures bit of the forum. The video is about the U.K. commercial pilot's Ops Manual and PfCO.

I think I may do more videos like this one. I've always been self conscious about appearing and talking in videos. I think my voice sounds awful...badly fitting false teeth doesn't help either :( But I'd like to pass on some of my knowledge if I can that is difficult with just text. I know that instructional drone videos abound on YouTube, but maybe I can find something to be said that hasn't already been done to death.

What do you guys think?
Keep posting, I believe no one cares about your accent, or your dentures heck were not going on a date night (hope you catch the humour) But thank you. Hope to see more ?

Reactions: FlushVision
My wife (now deceased) came from Sunderland just south of Newcastle so that's where I picked up a smattering of the Geordie 'twang'. In that video I made an effort to speak in understandable English for my target audience...mainly our friends over the pond. I put my 'paid employment' voice on. In normal conversation with someone who can speak the same dialect it could easily have been like:

"Heyup, How art thee? Dust tha want a cuppa scadd?" = "Hello there, How are you? Do you want a cup of tea?". The word 'Scadd' is from the Geordie Sunderland dialect, the rest is mainly a West Yorkshire/East Lancashire dialect known as 'East Owdam'. Think of the song 'On Ilkley Moor Baht-At'. East Owdam has a lot of similarities to that but still remains a distinct dialect. I know of no-one much younger than myself that can speak it fluently: My son can't speak it. Even he sometimes looks at me blankly.

East Owdam Is a dying dialect only fluently spoken by a very small number of the older generation living in a small area on the Western side of the Pennnines called Saddleworth Saddleworth - Wikipedia . Saddleworth Moor is famous for the Moors Murders where Ian Brady and Myra Hindley buried the bodies of those poor children in the 1960's.
Are you familiar with Rab C Nesbit? Now there's an accent! And subtitles needed.

Are you familiar with Rab C Nesbit? Now there's an accent! And subtitles needed.
I vaguely recall the name but I'm not familiar with, I presume, him. I'm busy at the moment but when I get time I'll look him up on YouTube. Oh he,ck. Just looked, I remember him now. Yes I can understand him but I agree, a very thick accent. Seems he enjoys swearing...understandable in any language ;)

Those are some good times. Keep us posted how the battery performs after a few cycles please,

I have the same battery I purchased mine in January of this year. I just finished flying in 30 mile when and I had 18 minutes of flight time. On a good day I can get 20 to 21 minutes out of my battery. They are very good batteries I intend to stock up before you run out.

Ray

I have the same battery I purchased mine in January of this year. I just finished flying in 30 mile when and I had 18 minutes of flight time. On a good day I can get 20 to 21 minutes out of my battery. They are very good batteries I intend to stock up before you run out.

Ray
I've read some mixed reports about Gifi batteries so I was a bit skeptical about them. If Tuesday's test is anything to go by then I have to agree with you that they seem to be good.

I'll be going out shortly to have a fly at a place in West Yorkshire. I charged my Gifi up last night as well as a couple of Power 4 batteries. Conditions today look to be a bit better than Tuesday so although it will be a normal flight, I'm expecting a comparable time in the air as I got on Tuesday...prolly not quite as long since I'll be landing no lower than 14.5v instead of that 14.4v on Tuesday.

Reactions: tj.hyzer
I've read some mixed reports about Gifi batteries so I was a bit skeptical about them. If Tuesday's test is anything to go by then I have to agree with you that they seem to be good.

I'll be going out shortly to have a fly at a place in West Yorkshire. I charged my Gifi up last night as well as a couple of Power 4 batteries. Conditions today look to be a bit better than Tuesday so although it will be a normal flight, I'm expecting a comparable time in the air as I got on Tuesday...prolly not quite as long since I'll be landing no lower than 14.5v instead of that 14.4v on Tuesday.
And the battery isn't even run in yet, it might get a bit better after a few charges.

And the battery isn't even run in yet, it might get a bit better after a few charges.
Just got in after another flight. A normal sort of flight with winds at around 10 MPH. Video dropped out on raising landing gear so not sure how long I was in the air until I do my log book. But based on the video length once I regained connection it was at least 16 minutes landing just as the voltage dropped to 14.5v. I'll edit this post once I've looked at the telemetry. I need a brew first though.

Just got in after another flight. A normal sort of flight with winds at around 10 MPH. Video dropped out on raising landing gear so not sure how long I was in the air until I do my log book. But based on the video length once I regained connection it was at least 16 minutes landing just as the voltage dropped to 14.5v. I'll edit this post once I've looked at the telemetry. I need a brew first though.
17 minutes in the air. Landing just as the voltage reached 14.5v. Normal type of flight, Wind at 10MPH at surface so prolly a few MPH more at altitude. Temperature was 14C. Max height = 391 feet. As mentioned above, video dropped on raising landing gear (a problem you sometimes get with U.K. firmware) so video was just 15 mins 47 secs long.

Again, not ideal conditions. However, using one of my Power 4 batteries in similar conditions I would have expected just 12 to 13 minutes in the air. This battery is head and shoulders above my Power 4 batteries. Only two power cycles on this battery so there's still room for improvement given another couple of cycles. Video to follow later this evening.

Last edited:
17 minutes in the air. Landing just as the voltage reached 14.5v. Normal type of flight, Wind at 10MPH at surface so prolly a few MPH more at altitude. Temperature was 14C. Max height = 391 feet. As mentioned above, video dropped on raising landing gear (a problem you sometimes get with U.K. firmware) so video was just 15 mins 47 secs long.

Again, not ideal conditions. However, using one of my Power 4 batteries in similar conditions I would have expected just 12 to 13 minutes in the air. This battery is head and shoulders above my Power 4 batteries. Only two power cycles on this battery so there's still room for improvement given another couple of cycles. Video to follow later this evening.
Can't complain with that. Result.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval