Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Krumlin Flight Test

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Another test of my Gifi 8050mAh battery but in more normal circumstances. Temperature was 14C. Wind was at 10MPH at the surface but between 12 and 14 MPH at height. Max height was 391 feet. Landed just as the voltage went to 14.5v

In the air for 17 minutes which impressed me since if I had used a Power 4 battery in the same conditions I probably wouldn't have got more than 13 minutes in the air.

Have you tested IR yet?
Two's and Three's but i'm not sure if that is entirely accurate. Maybe it's time I got myself a new tester. Interestingly, when I received the battery, the power in it was a bit over storage level. It's first charge took a shorter time than I was expecting but on the second cycle it took significantly longer to charge (longer that my Power 4 batteries) but I suppose my taking it down to 14.4v on it's first flight and the fact that we are talking 8050mAh was causing that.

Two's and Three's but i'm not sure if that is entirely accurate. Maybe it's time I got myself a new tester. Interestingly, when I received the battery, the power in it was a bit over storage level. It's first charge took a shorter time than I was expecting but on the second cycle it took significantly longer to charge (longer that my Power 4 batteries) but I suppose my taking it down to 14.4v on it's first flight and the fact that we are talking 8050mAh was causing that.
I wonder if they put a bit more juice in because of the potential long journey ahead? Try to cover as many sceniros.

I wonder if they put a bit more juice in because of the potential long journey ahead? Try to cover as many sceniros.
Dunno, mate. It wasn't over storage by a big margin but I'm taking it as an indicator that it hasn't been languishing on a shelf in China for very long. I have no other indication to it's age since it lacks that label found on the inside of the latch flap found on Power 4 batteries.

Overall, I'm impressed with this battery so far. 20 minutes and 6 seconds in the air in less than ideal conditions in not quite a steady hover on it's first flight followed by 17 minutes in the air in, again, far from ideal conditions with a normal type flight reaching nearly 400 feet and 14C temp on it's second flight landing just as it reached 14.5v. If I had took it down to first warning I have no doubt that it could have easily topped 20 minutes in the air! Remember that this was in conditions that were far from perfect. Even in ideal conditions landing at 14.5v I've never been able to see 17 minutes in the air using a Power 4 battery.

Indeed, yesterday, I was starting to get a little bored and conscious that my videoing was getting a bit repetitive. I'm used to getting all my pictures and video in a shorter time frame...I also flew a Power 4 battery yesterday at the same place and same conditions and landed after just over 8 minutes in the air as it reached 14.7v. (I took that as a comparison estimating that the flight time, had I took it to 14.5v, would have given a flight of no more than 13 minutes in the air).

When funds allow, I'm getting another Gifi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49