Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal TILT!

Reaction score
Hi. I noticed a thread a few days ago how someone figured out the dreaded gimbal tilt while yawing...
It's been happening on my last few flight. Slow YAW and the gimbal tilts but corrects itself when I YAW 180 degrees. On one occasion it just stumbled and stayed tilted.

Thoughts?

THANKS

Hi. I noticed a thread a few days ago how someone figured out the dreaded gimbal tilt while yawing...
It's been happening on my last few flight. Slow YAW and the gimbal tilts but corrects itself when I YAW 180 degrees. On one occasion it just stumbled and stayed tilted.

Thoughts?

THANKS

What firmware?

This is what mine would do. Once i got to calibrate right i haven't calibrated it again and its good.

Bill W.

Thanks. Let us know how it goes.

Fixed mine it was actually a bad part not making good connection on the H - not getting good calibration good luck figuring out how that pin went bad but I replaced that board and boom

Jpg right out of camera and then a little tweak ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 43
  • YUN00006raw.jpg
    YUN00006raw.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 34
  • YUN00006 copy.jpg
    YUN00006 copy.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 32
Nice. Probably a cold solder joint. I may order a new one soon.
I did another calibration of the gimbal last night - on my kitchen table. I have a digital pitch gauge which is very accurate and used it to level up the H. my table was off by almost 2 degrees.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Nice. Probably a cold solder joint. I may order a new one soon.
I did another calibration of the gimbal last night - on my kitchen table. I have a digital pitch gauge which is very accurate and used it to level up the H. my table was off by almost 2 degrees.

No solder, That I could see -- I took it all apart :) -- its very weird its like the metal just lost its tension this is a better piture. Now is it covered under warranty? :)

Attachments

• IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
If you ever accidenly initialize the gimbal with the protective cover on it gets real unhappy. It seems that the latest firmware has a bug in calibration or they changed its behavior? My gimbal does not finish centered at the end of calibration and seen this is the case for others here. Restarting corrects this. When my horizon went angled prior to last warranty repair it seemed compass related as it all kind of went unstable at the same time. My GoPro was **** on most gimbals especially when I started with the 350 and it's original 2 axis gimbal since I could not power the camera from the flight battery. I put counter weights on it to pre balance and that helped but it was never perfect.

The problem with this set up is that when it works it's pretty amazing so we are more picky to some degree as the video is stable 99% of the time and it's actually harder to edit because you can't start with getting rid of the jerky pans and gimbal caused tilts and angles.

If you ever accidenly initialize the gimbal with the protective cover on it gets real unhappy. It seems that the latest firmware has a bug in calibration or they changed its behavior? My gimbal does not finish centered at the end of calibration and seen this is the case for others here. Restarting corrects this. When my horizon went angled prior to last warranty repair it seemed compass related as it all kind of went unstable at the same time. My GoPro was **** on most gimbals especially when I started with the 350 and it's original 2 axis gimbal since I could not power the camera from the flight battery. I put counter weights on it to pre balance and that helped but it was never perfect.

The problem with this set up is that when it works it's pretty amazing so we are more picky to some degree as the video is stable 99% of the time and it's actually harder to edit because you can't start with getting rid of the jerky pans and gimbal caused tilts and angles.

Mine never has! Its only when I turn it off and back on that it will even get close -- One trick I use is to have the pan mode lever up in the F position when calibrating, that seems to bring it to home after power on.

I hit that lever yesterday after I thought calibration was done and turned the pan knob and it went into a nonstop pan rotation. It took rebooting TH to reset. I'm thinking Gimbal firmware still has some bugs that are minor and unpredictable. We can all agree the gimbal and camera set up is delicate. The whole sliding in and out is a weak link as I don't do compass with the camera mounted. Gimbal motors are touchy and crashing can ruin their abilty to correct and I don't like hard landings so hand catching is way better for the long term health of everything. Keep that dust out of those motors!

I hit that lever yesterday after I thought calibration was done and turned the pan knob and it went into a nonstop pan rotation. It took rebooting TH to reset. I'm thinking Gimbal firmware still has some bugs that are minor and unpredictable. We can all agree the gimbal and camera set up is delicate. The whole sliding in and out is a weak link as I don't do compass with the camera mounted. Gimbal motors are touchy and crashing can ruin their abilty to correct and I don't like hard landings so hand catching is way better for the long term health of everything. Keep that dust out of those motors!

I do the compass with the camera mounted but I have the lock on it Unlike the Yuneec video where its flopping all over the place--

No solder, I took it all apart :) -- its very weird its like the metal just lost its tension this is a better piture. Now is it covered under warranty? :)
I got a new one with new camera.. came in the box with CGO3 replacement. It's easy to pop the tang back up but it's something I now double check all the time. It's getting stuck in the recess of the mount so it's a bit of design flaw. Loosening it up and reseating on the TH frame helps. The whole camera mount is pretty weak. It'd be great is someone made and after market aluminum TH mount and camera suspension top so I don't have to worry about those flimsy plastic rails (which yuneec CC crushed when they did my original repair and led to the month of warranty ****) that are so critical to the camera. Maybe someone can 3D print something more solid? I get holding the weight down but obviously intellasense upgrade is more weight so what's a few grams in metal for a solid camera mount? I'd pay for that piece of mind gladly!
I do the compass with the camera mounted but I have the lock on it Unlike the Yuneec video where its flopping all over the place--
See I think that's really bad for the motors and the control board as it wants to correct constantly. They should be insisting that you remove the camera for compass calibration to prevent motor damage to the gimbal. I know this from experience with the Faiyu Tech mini gimbals I use with my Chroma and GoPro. They can loose their control ability for proper alignment and never point level or straight. i thought about wiring in a switch to the ground wire on the gimbal shoe as I manual camera on off feature for compass calibration expediency. I may still look at that as a mod once I'm out of warranty and on my own for repairs,

I got a new one with new camera.. came in the box with CGO3 replacement. It's easy to pop the tang back up but it's something I now double check all the time. It's getting stuck in the recess of the mount so it's a bit of design flaw. Loosening it up and reseating on the TH frame helps. The whole camera mount is pretty weak. It'd be great is someone made and after market aluminum TH mount and camera suspension top so I don't have to worry about those flimsy plastic rails (which yuneec CC crushed when they did my original repair and led to the month of warranty ****) that are so critical to the camera. Maybe someone can 3D print something more solid? I get holding the weight down but obviously intellasense upgrade is more weight so what's a few grams in metal for a solid camera mount? I'd pay for that piece of mind gladly!

See I think that's really bad for the motors and the control board as it wants to correct constantly. They should be insisting that you remove the camera for compass calibration to prevent motor damage to the gimbal. I know this from experience with the Faiyu Tech mini gimbals I use with my Chroma and GoPro. They can loose their control ability for proper alignment and never point level or straight. i thought about wiring in a switch to the ground wire on the gimbal shoe as I manual camera on off feature for compass calibration expediency. I may still look at that as a mod once I'm out of warranty and on my own for repairs,

I took it apart and could not get it to pop up, its got no spring in its sprong, I think its sprung :)

The Compass thing is a good point -- Maybe Ill give that go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval