Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimble guards

Reaction score
Howdy from El Paso tx home of the 2019 intl drone day....a wonderful event by thw way..One of my fellow typhoon pilots with the el paso dronehive showed up with his done in white...I painted the gimble guard a jungle green to remind the pilot to remove before powering up the bird...I think it turned out great..wanted to get others take on it....20190818_105723.jpg

Yes, it is called 'Getter Back' - originally designed for fishermen to attach to fishing rods. When it falls in water the top portion ejects from the body and floats to the surface and there is a Kevlar line attached so you can retrieve up to about five pounds in 120 feet of water.

I found these "Remove Before Flight" key fobs from ebay work great for reminding me to remove it. It also provides a convenient way to remove it by just pulling on the fob -as originally intended, because the attachment point is perfectly located to overcome the friction of the Gumball clip. It attaches with a small zip tie thru the slots already in the Gimbal Guard, no rework required, no masking, no painting, no drying, no curing, ...no forgetting to take it off! I actually look forward to removing it before flight!:cool:

I did use a smaller 5/8" split ring so it didn't hang down too far. And it easily fits in the factory foam insert if I ever want to use the backpack (AKA refrigerator with shoulder straps).
.rbf1.jpg

RBF2.jpg

RBF3.jpg

Yes, it is called 'Getter Back' - originally designed for fishermen to attach to fishing rods. When it falls in water the top portion ejects from the body and floats to the surface and there is a Kevlar line attached so you can retrieve up to about five pounds in 120 feet of water.
And then what, your'e gonna swim out in the gator infested water to Getter Back? ?

Reactions: biltno
Howdy from El Paso tx home of the 2019 intl drone day....a wonderful event by thw way..One of my fellow typhoon pilots with the el paso dronehive showed up with his done in white...I painted the gimble guard a jungle green to remind the pilot to remove before powering up the bird...I think it turned out great..wanted to get others take on it....View attachment 18147

Nice.
I taped a 5 inch strip of red plastic bag on mine as a reminder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval