Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS issues

Please describe the issues.
What do you see on screen?
Are you outside, with a clear view of the sky?
Has the drone been in storage for an extended period?
If it is not reaching "ready" status, how long are you waiting?
Did you check to ensure GPS is turned on?

Reactions: DoomMeister
At first I was having a "no fly zone" issue, so I drove to a point where there was no interference with any airport. I set up the drone, placed it about 26ft. away, powered up the ST16, and walked over to the Typhoon H, powered it up and waited. I did not get a "no fly zone" warning, but, it showed n/a GPS signal. So I am at my wit`s end. HELP!

GPS will show N/A if the aircraft is not bound to the controller. Is your rear LED flashing blue?
If you are not bound, other telemetry items will also be showing N/A.
It would be helpful if you could upload a screenshot of your controller screen.

Thank you so much for your response.

Actually, the light flashes red around a whitish center. It shows no GPS, no satellites, and not even a ready signal.Before all this started, I was just getting a warning about a no fly zone, cause I found out that the airport was 3 miles away, but it would always show that it was trying to acquire a GPS signal. I connected the typhoon H to my computer to view data, but could not`t see anything. Seems like after I connected it to my computer, this issue of n/a GPS signal started. I thought about downloading the GUI software from the Yuneec site, as well as doing a factory reset. Do you think that will help?

Thks again

JP

First, make sure the flight mode switch in NOT in the RTH (bottom) position.
Not sure it was a good idea to connect USB other than through the GUI, but don't actually know if that would cause an issue.

Yes, downloading and running the GUI is probably the right thing to do. It's worth doing anyway.
Note the USB cable must be a "data" type USB. Most USB cables around are the standard "charging" cables, and the system will not recognize them.

I wouldn't do a factory reset unless you can identify the issue, or run out of other options. Doing a factory reset with the system in an unknown state could have unpredictable results.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Thank you!
The Wizard Remote works fine. Maybe I should just use the Team Mode and bypass the ST-16, except for video and camera use.

The fact the wizard works fine is an important revelation. It tells us nothing is wrong with the Camera or the drone, this is a controller issue only.
The Whitish center is unusual, but could be an anomaly of your particular LED board. Lets Skip that for the moment, and talk about a couple other things;
The Red flashing rear LED normally comes in only two versions:
1.) If it is flashing at 3 times per second, it is an indicator the drone itself has failed to initialize. Since the drone works with the Wizard, I doubt that is the issue.
2.) If the Drone is in "Home" mode, the red light will be flashing 5 times a second. Since it does not do so when on the Wizard, the focus moves to the ST16.

Three things to check:
1.) One more time, ensure the flight mode switch (furthest on the right) is not in the bottom position. (Yeah, I know. But do it anyway.)
2.) Open system settings, then "Hardware Monitor". Cycle the Flight mode switch while watching the "S4" Scale. With the switch in the top position, S4 should show "0". When in the middle position, it should show "1", and in the bottom position, it should show "2".
3.) This is the biggie. The "Final Output" display shows what is actually being sent to the controller. It does not matter what the switch position says, or what "Hardware Monitor" says, if the Final output says something different, that is what the drone will hear. The drone does NOT have to be on for this. From the main ST16 screen, do a rapid double tap on the "Volts" Icon. A normally hidden display will appear. The scales marked CH05 and CH06 are associated with the Flight mode switch.
With the Flight Mode Switch full up, CH05 should read 100%, CH06 should read 000%.
With the Flight Mode Switch in the middle position, CH05 should read 000% and CH06 should also read 000%
With the Flight Mode Switch in the full down position, CH05 should read (-)100%, CH06 should read 150%,
.NO OTHER SCALE should move when moving the flight mode switch. And it must be CH05 and CH06 that move, exactly as described above.

With apologies, I know this is a lot of babbling. But if ANYTHING does not match up, it may lead us to a resolution. That includes scales with different numbers, indicators, behavior, etc. Anything. Do not assume "Oh. That's what he must have meant." If it does not match, report exactly what you see.

Thanks again, WTFD project.
They read exactly what you said they should read.
Great knowledge that I am acquiring. Much appreciated.
There is something odd though.
On the left side of the ST-16, on the home page, everything reads n/a. Volts, GPS,SAT, POS, ALT, G-SPD, Dis, all reads n/a. Even though the aircraft is not on, seems I should be getting some type of readings. And on the right side, the first icon that looks like a circle with a star inside says N/A. GPS says Disabled. So I power on the aircraft and nothing changes. Even the setting calibration on the right side is grayed out. I cannot even access the GPS to calibrate it. The lights on the aircraft blinks constant blue. Seems like every since I connected it to my computer the other day, has not been the same. All I see on the home page is 'RC; connecting/ WiFi;connecting, of course they wont.
Man, this makes me want to just count my lost for what I paid and get another. I bought it a week ago and it did everything for the guy I bought it from. Although I drove over a 100 miles to get it from him. But like I said, he did all the demos and I was very impressed. So I think this is on me. What I did I have no clue but it is disabled.
My kingdom for a solution or fix! Getting blue here.
Maybe you might have one for sale. :)

Everything you described in your last post is saying the drone is no longer bound to the controller. I'll get to that shortly. Let me comment on a couple other things first;

"On the left side of the ST-16, on the home page, everything reads n/a. Volts, GPS,SAT, POS, ALT, G-SPD, Dis, all reads n/a. Even though the aircraft is not on, seems I should be getting some type of readings."
No. If the drone is not on and bound to the controller, everything on the left side will be N/A.

"The first icon that looks like a circle with a star inside says N/A."
The star is supposed to look like a Typhoon H with the propellers lined up around the edge. If you bind to a Q500, the symbol changes to a Q500 image.

"GPS says Disabled."
I think you mean OBS. It's part of the drone, and can't do anything if not bound.

"So I power on the aircraft and nothing changes. Even the setting calibration on the right side is grayed out."
All that is normal for a drone that is not bound to the controller

"The lights on the aircraft blinks constant blue."
If the rear main LED under the battery door is blinking blue, that's a dead give away. That is the code for "not bound". Please clarify which light is flashing blue, and which is flashing red ( with the white center).

You can see why I don't think the drone and controller are bound. So, two things:
1.) Go to "System Settings" / "Bind" and try to do a routine binding sequence.
2.) If that does not work, grit your teeth for an ordeal, and follow the instruction in Attachment 32 (Typhoon H Binding Verification) of "Way To Fix Drones project. These instructions must be followed exactly step by step. Do not skip steps because you are certain they have already been done. The verification is a series of steps, followed by steps to verify the correct response to those steps. When you encounter the FIRST verification that does not meet the expected result, STOP. Do not continue. Report back what step you were on, and what you saw.
And yes, if there is no actual problem with the system, you will be properly bound at the end. But that's a tough way to get there.

OK
Just tried to do a firmware update that I downloaded from the Yuneec support site.
Put the Micro SD (16gb) into the ST-16, put the Typhoon H Micro SD card into the aircraft.
Powered up the ST-16
Powered up the Typhoon H
Went into system settings
Clicked on About controller
As I viewed the St-16 settings, as well as the Typhoon H settings, noticed that the only item in the ST-16 settings was
System Version: ST-16_system_v03.01
APK Version: st16_app_v01.00.46

The Typhoon H settings was, or should I say is,
Autopilot n/a
Gimbal: n/a
Camera: n/a
Realsense: n/a
So, with the Micro SD card in the ST-16 SD slot, I pressed update
Wouldn`t you know it, says no firmware found on SD card
So I hit OK and it connects to my home WiFi (now I`m getting a lil hope)
Nope, says I need to download from internet.
I`m going on vacation

Oops, I submitted that last post before I read your last post. Disregard and thank you again ever so much for taking time out to help me.

SUCCESS! SUCCESS!

Thank you Thank you Thank You!!

All good.
Everything's back up!

Now I just have to drive to where I do not get that no fly zone message.

But I tip my hat to you, Wow! Keep in touch and thanks soooooo much!

SUCCESS! SUCCESS!

Thank you Thank you Thank You!!

All good.
Everything's back up!

Now I just have to drive to where I do not get that no fly zone message.

But I tip my hat to you, Wow! Keep in touch and thanks soooooo much!

So what was the fix? The simple “bind” or the more elaborate stamp-by-step presented?

Knowing the final resolution helps others perusing these threads.

Glad to read of your successful recovery!

Jeff

Oh, sorry

I was having some serious issues with my Typhoon H
GPS
Warning lights
Lost use of all Telemetry controls

Thanks to the instructions I received from WTFD project`s website: WTFDproject

Everything is in its place.
Just want to say Wow, this is a tremendous site for solving your issues with your drones.

Shout out to WTFDproject!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Oh, sorry

I was having some serious issues with my Typhoon H
GPS
Warning lights
Lost use of all Telemetry controls

Thanks to the instructions I received from WTFD project`s website: WTFDproject

Everything is in its place.
Just want to say Wow, this is a tremendous site for solving your issues with your drones.

Shout out to WTFDproject!

But what solved your issues? What did you do to get back in business?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval