Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPU recommendations

Reaction score
Hi i'm new to the forum (and drones) and would appreciate some advice regarding GPU requirement for video editing and rendering.

I'm about to purchase an H520 mostly for building & site inspections & site mapping maybe with 3D rendering.

My current photo editing PC consists of an
ASUS Z97-A USB 3.1
Intel i5 4690K
16GB DDR3
480 SSD
2x 1TB HDD

I'm currently using the onboard graphics, which is fine for editting short GoPro footage but, but will no doubt be inefficient for larger files and even moreso when rendering 3D.

Hi Alan.
I have just about the same specs for the pc I built as you do. My GPU is an overclocked GTX970. It plays 4k content well but editing wise I wish it was a little better as it only has 4GB of Vid memory. So anything at or above a GTX 970 should be good for you.

Hi Alan.
I have just about the same specs for the pc I built as you do. My GPU is an overclocked GTX970. It plays 4k content well but editing wise I wish it was a little better as it only has 4GB of Vid memory. So anything at or above a GTX 970 should be good for you.
Thanks for your reply, I was originally hoping to get something with about 6GB but looking at the prices I may look at 4GB cards for the timebeing, I'm not sure whether there are any preferred brand/chipsets for video editing and 3D modelling.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy