Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus Controller CSV and Aircraft Ulog files differ very much

Peggy

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
As a commercial pilot it is my duty to log each flight be it recreational or commercial.

Today I have been updating my H Plus flight and battery logbooks

I use Drone Logbook for this and upload the data files to comply with my Ops Manual.
I use aircraft Ulog files because this seemed to be the most accurate way of getting the true data and I learnt this from my H520
Why do I use these because the Tlog files from the H520 ST16S seemed to be a little out on comparison to the Ulog files which seemed spot on to my actual flight details.

So naturally I did the same when I purchased my H Plus
However quite a few of the Ulog files from the H Plus are missing the battery voltage useage from takeoff to landing so I decided to see if the CSV files could tell me the voltage, which they do.
After uploading the CSV files to Drone Logbook I could not believe how different they were from the Ulog files from the aircraft.

Now I'm not talking a little way off, I'm talking huge.
Example
Same flight details say that I took off 1.5 hours apart.
I also flew all the way around the world on the one battery.
I also flew to a height of 16,000,000 feet I think it was
I may be wrong but I also dont think its possible to fly at 218.5 M/S

Clearly a glitch but had I not known how to get the Ulog files from the H Plus I would have been stuffed.

Looking again at another flight via the CSV files again it is clearly miles apart from the Ulog files, not as bad as the previous one but definately not accurate.
So now I have to download the CSV from the controller and also the Ulog files simply to get some idea of my legal flight logging.

This is clearly not acceptable and a phone call to Yuneec UK will be high on the to do list tomorrow

Reactions: Steve Carr
Here are the Ulog and CSV files comparison
Top is Ulog
Bottom is CSV

You can clearly see that these are most definatley the same flight by the map view on the bottom 2 images.

Every single parameter differs from the 2 files.

001.png002.png003.png004.png001.png002.png003.png004.png

Reactions: Steve Carr
BIG PLUS!!!! And yes! Logs are very important, specially here in the US, some of us comercial pilots are unionized here in California due to L.A productions and need to show proof, when things goes sideways. I've wondered about this for the H+ thinking that it does not exist for this craft as of yet, but here it is. Thank you for this post, I will be following your steps.

BIG PLUS!!!! And yes! Logs are very important, specially here in the US, some of us comercial pilots are unionized here in California due to L.A productions and need to show proof, when things goes sideways. I've wondered about this for the H+ thinking that it does not exist for this craft as of yet, but here it is. Thank you for this post, I will be following your steps.

Make sure you download the logs from the aircraft and not controller, my example above proves why

Reactions: weajr
Make sure you download the logs from the aircraft and not controller, my example above proves why

Sorry for the late reply. I use this same platform for my other sUAS, and now with the Yuneec [emoji1421] thanks for the write up.

Reactions: Peggy
Hello Peggy,
can you please tell, me how do you download the ulog filess from our H Plus ?

Hello Peggy,
can you please tell, me how do you download the ulog filess from our H Plus ?

Plug a mini usb lead into the aircraft with a battery in the aircraft but not switched on and then into your pc. It will then boot by itself.
Download if you do not have it a program called Qgroundcontrol
Start the program and go to the download log section.
Highlight the logs you want to download and click download then select where you want them to download to

Job done

The CSV files (can) include inaccurate data as they start recording all fields from the moment the machine is switched on, before the various systems have all initialised. That means for instance you start getting battery voltage first, but the GPS signal can be completely incorrect until a fix is established.

It's a technical limitation of CSV files, whereas the ULOG format only records stuff that is known to be right. Drone Logbook should automatically compensate when you upload CSV files, but it looks like it lets 'wild' values get through - it's a bug in the website, not the file data.

The telemetry show false reading in coordinate and information.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 7.59.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 7.59.58 AM.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.03.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.03.43 AM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
The CSV files (can) include inaccurate data as they start recording all fields from the moment the machine is switched on, before the various systems have all initialised. That means for instance you start getting battery voltage first, but the GPS signal can be completely incorrect until a fix is established.

It's a technical limitation of CSV files, whereas the ULOG format only records stuff that is known to be right. Drone Logbook should automatically compensate when you upload CSV files, but it looks like it lets 'wild' values get through - it's a bug in the website, not the file data.

Hi Tuna,

Will you be including the TH+ in your UAV Toolbox?

@Tuna can you make a uavtoolbox for H+ as this would solve the issue

how are you getting the log files off of the H Plus?

Plug a mini usb lead into the aircraft with a battery in the aircraft but not switched on and then into your pc. It will then boot by itself.
Download if you do not have it a program called Qgroundcontrol
Start the program and go to the download log section.
Highlight the logs you want to download and click download then select where you want them to download to

Job done
Tried the QGC program in all 3 modes. Will not connect to aircraft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430