Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus Creeping Up

Reaction score
The H Plus is still very new to me. It is way more technologically advanced than my Q500+. But, I'm a very fast learner and fairly tech savvy. I always give it a little extra time to boot up and lock satellites before I launch it. Every time I launch, I make sure the transmitter and the H Plus both have enough satellites to be in the green. I give full left stick to get off the ground, and let it hover around 10-12 feet, just to make sure everything is good to go. About 1/3 of all of my "cold" takeoffs, it will continue to climb after I let go of the stick. Not fast, maybe 0.5 ft/sec. I hold it full down and it takes forever to come down. Once it touches the ground, I'm holding the red button. But, it won't shut down, and the props won't slow down any slower than hover speed. Sometimes, it tries to tip over, so I have to go full throttle up to get it off the ground so my props don't get torn up. Then, I have to start the process all over again. After a couple of times, it will shut down. I can immediately restart the props and launch without a problem.

With that being said, I do occasionally get geomagnetic interference warnings. It only happens whenever I see that warning, but not every time I see it. I'm getting that warning in some really rural areas, where WiFi doesn't exist. I got it the other day while at an empty beach. I know solar flares and storms will cause geomagnetic interference, but my UAV Forecast app is saying it's really low every time it happens.

Now, I do like to launch while standing within 5 feet of it. Could that be an issue? I have checked the transmitter hardware several times, and everything moves from 0-100% just fine.

The H Plus is still very new to me. It is way more technologically advanced than my Q500+. But, I'm a very fast learner and fairly tech savvy. I always give it a little extra time to boot up and lock satellites before I launch it. Every time I launch, I make sure the transmitter and the H Plus both have enough satellites to be in the green. I give full left stick to get off the ground, and let it hover around 10-12 feet, just to make sure everything is good to go. About 1/3 of all of my "cold" takeoffs, it will continue to climb after I let go of the stick. Not fast, maybe 0.5 ft/sec. I hold it full down and it takes forever to come down. Once it touches the ground, I'm holding the red button. But, it won't shut down, and the props won't slow down any slower than hover speed. Sometimes, it tries to tip over, so I have to go full throttle up to get it off the ground so my props don't get torn up. Then, I have to start the process all over again. After a couple of times, it will shut down. I can immediately restart the props and launch without a problem.

With that being said, I do occasionally get geomagnetic interference warnings. It only happens whenever I see that warning, but not every time I see it. I'm getting that warning in some really rural areas, where WiFi doesn't exist. I got it the other day while at an empty beach. I know solar flares and storms will cause geomagnetic interference, but my UAV Forecast app is saying it's really low every time it happens.

Now, I do like to launch while standing within 5 feet of it. Could that be an issue? I have checked the transmitter hardware several times, and everything moves from 0-100% just fine.

Never had this happen, but read about it some time ago in this forum I believe it was fixed with a firmware update what version are you on ?

I have checked the transmitter hardware several times, and everything moves from 0-100% just fine.
What you are describing is typical when the left stick has oxidation on the potentiometer. Before each flight give the sticks a rapid "stir" in all directions and circles. Check the stick again in the Remote monitor to see if it looks sluggish, goes full scale and returns to exactly zero.

Well dang. This whole setup is brand spanking new. Just bought it from B&H during their cyber Monday sale. I actually checked it in the hardware monitor right after posting this morning. Everything looked great. Sat at zero when I opened it up and went to 100 up and 100 down no problem.

When it happens, it won't come out of it until I land it, turn the props off, then take off again.

Even if you are on the latest firmware, try to update it again. I have seen glitches where one bit does not load correctly.
Recalibrate everything and try her again.
Please report back with your progress, it may help others too.

Reactions: HRife
I actually thought about doing that. But when I went and read the thread about how to go backwards and then reinstall an update I decided to hold off for now. The last thing that I want is a bricked brand-new paperweight.

Unless it's like a phone where I can go into the recovery and force the update again.

Well dang. This whole setup is brand spanking new. Just bought it from B&H during their cyber Monday sale. I actually checked it in the hardware monitor right after posting this morning. Everything looked great. Sat at zero when I opened it up and went to 100 up and 100 down no problem.

When it happens, it won't come out of it until I land it, turn the props off, then take off again.

The first thing I do with any new aircraft is calibrate everything that can be calibrated. In the case of the H+ that means the compass, accelerometer, and gyro. Here's a good video. ALso, as stated, make sure you also have the latest firware installed.

Reactions: TS51222 and HRife
@TurboDad81 A couple things. First, My H Plus will, on occasions have a slight climbing or settling issue after take of if I stay near the ground. However, after a few minutes of flight it is always very stable. These barometers are not the most accurate of devices and I have seen drift most often at the beginning of a flight session, possibly from temperature changes.

The landing issue: Make sure when you land and take off that the rate slider is above half when you're in Angle Mode. If your at low rates and try to land the Motors will not cut via down stick only and I have seen times when the response is to sit in flying condition on the ground and a tip is possible. As a practice this is now standard procedure for me; Half Rate or above at take off and Full Rate for landing. Also if you haven't tried the Auto Take off and Land function they work very well.

As mentioned above, sometimes the sticks will get oxidation and this too can cause some of the conditions you mention. Preflight check them often and it would not be a bad idea to make it part of every preflight if you can. I had a standard H for 2 years and never had a problem but the right stick on my Plus got fouled after only 4 and a half months. The fix was a quick disassembly and removal of the stick and a few shots of plastic safe cleaner did the trick.

And finally, the calibrations for the H Plus are completely different than the standard H and there are some good sections about the specifics in the updated Typhoon H Plus Manual in the Sticky topic threads.

Reactions: TurboDad81
I have become a big fan of the auto land/take off. I normally prefer to hand fly, but the auto feature is so smooth and has worked perfectly for me.

As you noted, when too close to the ground you are also in ground effect, which can make the hover less stable as well. I generally like to get up at least 20 feet to evaluate how well my aircraft are hovering. Gets you clear of the ground effect.

Good info. Thanks guys. I'll try calibrating the transmitter and report back. Probably won't be able to fly it today since I'm getting ready for work and it's really windy here.

S/N: I do take off and land with the rate adjuster all the way forward. I normally don't even touch it at all. I am aware of where the calibration menu is on the H Plus. I noticed it was different than the H480 when I first got it. Pretty much everything is totally different. Much cleaner and easier to navigate UI.

I really appreciate all the advice, and I will report back soon!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace