Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus gimbal not working

Reaction score
Hi i have a problem with the Yuneec Typhoon H Plus gimbal and was wondering if anybody knows how to fix it. Basically the c23 camera was replaced because the old one didn't work. But after it was replaced the gimbal was not working but the camera does work. The gimbal will move a little bit while camera beeps 4 long times and 3 short times. If you know any solutions could you please let me know. Thanks.

The code you describe is one of the camera IMU failure codes. Could be a bad IMU unit in the camera, a problem with the IMU circuit on the mainboard or gimbal board, corrosion on any of the connectors, or a damaged ribbon or cable. There is even a short section of actual wire between the IMU unit and the camera mainboard. And It could be a calibration mismatch between the IMU unit and the Gimbal board.
The very WORST case, and unfortunately the most likely, is damage to the spiral type ribbon inside the camera ball. The part is very vulnerable in even minor crash events. It is not available for retail sale anywhere on the planet I am aware of. And installation requires experience and technique not available to most of us. Vertigo drones indicated they had some in stock a month or so ago, but I believe they would only sell it if you sent the camera to them for installation.

Sounds like you need to send the camera back if that is an option.

The C23 and E90 are the physically the same camera. The part numbers are all listed as E90. The part number and actual name of the spiral ribbon:
1585691943354.png

Reactions: Russell Smith
Was this a replacement under warranty?

Have you informed the facility that did the repair/replacement that the one you received is not fully functional?

Most repairs/replacements carry at least a 30 day warranty and usually 90 days.

I do have a warranty and the seller was informed. I will return the camera and get a refund. Thank you both for your help.

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss