Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H520E payload

Reaction score
Related to my other thread about mounting the Flir Vue Pro on this drone, I was a little concerned if it was going to be able to handle it. I've seen a little discussion on here, but I didn't find a conclusive answer (maybe I missed it) on what it might carry. My gimbal and camera (and other parts) come to about 1lb 5oz. I made a water bottle,, with rocks and water, that is right at 1lb 9oz. Going over just a little, for a safety factor.

The drone handled it perfectly. It didn't really even act like it had a weight on it. No dipping when hovering, still quite responsive. I didn't zip around very fast, just casual flying, but it was very stable.

So now to finalize the assembly of the camera setup and get it on there.

I didn't do a flight time test, but flew around for about 5 minutes.

Just in case someone was interested in an actual payload test (unless I missed someone else's).

Andy

Attachments

• H520E_Payload.jpg
    H520E_Payload.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 29
I have flown my H480 with dual GP 360 cameras (1 on top 1 on bottom) and lighting as well all mounts and prop guards. That was about 1.5 lbs. No issue. I beleive the H seriess will lift close to there weight in the right conditions.

I also had the standard Yuneec 4K camera and gimbal attached.

Nice, that's good to know. Later I may end up putting an RBG camera on there as well. My own, maybe not theirs, just to have dual views.

Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430