Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Has anyone found a way to fix the mantis q binding with the controller?

I have tried that sequence, but the controller won't bind. I can fly the Mantis Q with my smartphone, but nothing from the controller.
Go into your phone’s WiFi settings and have it “forget” the Mantis Q. Then try connecting with the controller. The Mantis will only allow one WiFi connection at a time through its Access Point.

Reactions: ronsabo
I tried "forget" Mantis in my phones wifi, but when I try to connect to the controller by scanning the QR, it says 'please bind the contoller withthe phone first', which I tried to do by scanning on the previous page, and it comes back with 'connect failed'

Question do I have to bind it every time I fly ???

Reactions: JerseyCantSaveMe
I tried "forget" Mantis in my phones wifi, but when I try to connect to the controller by scanning the QR, it says 'please bind the contoller withthe phone first', which I tried to do by scanning on the previous page, and it comes back with 'connect failed'

I gave up and sent it back....Yuneec support was usless........I got a Zino instead.

I gave up and sent it back....Yuneec support was usless........I got a Zino instead.

I see you gave up.

Curious nonetheless... you did have the controller connected to your phone with a proper cable, correct?

Some cables work, others do not. A charging cable may not if it does not have provisions for handling data.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Did this problem ever get resolved. I have the same issue. Cannot bind controller with the drone. Can easily connect phone to drone and fly it, but I would prefer the controller

The bind instructions start on page 10. Manual binding procedures start on page 11. Try the procedures for manual bind to the controller and ensure the cable from the controller to the phone is data capable and not just a charging cable.

Attachments

• Mantis Q_USER MANUAL_V1.0_20180921.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 25
The bind instructions start on page 10. Manual binding procedures start on page 11. Try the procedures for manual bind to the controller and ensure the cable from the controller to the phone is data capable and not just a charging cable.
Tried that, but picking the manual option brings up request to bind controller and drone first. Same applies when you try scan option. It does not let you progress beyond this point. Is there anoth3 app that can be used, as this is so frustrating.

None that I know of. Are you using the iOS version of Yuneec Pilot or the Android version? Do you know for certain that the cable between the phone and the controller is data capable. I know several have stated the cable included with the kit is a charge only cable intended for charging the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval