Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Cornwall

Reaction score
Penzance, in God's own country (Cornwall)
Hello all from sunny Cornwall (UK). My new Typhoon H is being delivered on Friday. To say I am excited is the understatement of the year!

Many years ago (last century) I used to regularly fly IC powered model helicopters (and slope gliders on windy days), my last heli being a Graupner Helix 60 (OS60 engine, Fleet Controls radio system etc). I have not touched a RC transmitter since 1992. I have watched the development of multi-rotors for several years with interest but never had the opportunity to buy one, but decided to make the jump to owning one a few weeks ago. I have done masses of reading over the last 3 or 4 months regarding the pros and cons of various makes, and finally decided on the Yuneec a week ago.

I have lurked on this forum for a few days, avidly reading all triumphs and tribulations of the many pilots, plus devouring the helpful suggestions from experienced people for lesser experienced 'stick-jockeys'.

I am having to learn a whole new language (LiPo instead of NiCad for example), as well as starting to understand the stuff that the transmitter and drone will do for me now, instead of having to fly by the seats of my pants. Letting go of the sticks with the old models was a recipe for disaster, but apparently with these new machines when a pilot gets disorientated, that is exactly what you should do........cool!

Believe me when I say I am going to take things very, very slowly until such time as I get happy with my capabilities.

Cheers all and many thanks for this forum.

Hello all from sunny Cornwall (UK). My new Typhoon H is being delivered on Friday. To say I am excited is the understatement of the year!

Many years ago (last century) I used to regularly fly IC powered model helicopters (and slope gliders on windy days), my last heli being a Graupner Helix 60 (OS60 engine, Fleet Controls radio system etc). I have not touched a RC transmitter since 1992. I have watched the development of multi-rotors for several years with interest but never had the opportunity to buy one, but decided to make the jump to owning one a few weeks ago. I have done masses of reading over the last 3 or 4 months regarding the pros and cons of various makes, and finally decided on the Yuneec a week ago.

I have lurked on this forum for a few days, avidly reading all triumphs and tribulations of the many pilots, plus devouring the helpful suggestions from experienced people for lesser experienced 'stick-jockeys'.

I am having to learn a whole new language (LiPo instead of NiCad for example), as well as starting to understand the stuff that the transmitter and drone will do for me now, instead of having to fly by the seats of my pants. Letting go of the sticks with the old models was a recipe for disaster, but apparently with these new machines when a pilot gets disorientated, that is exactly what you should do........cool!

Believe me when I say I am going to take things very, very slowly until such time as I get happy with my capabilities.

Cheers all and many thanks for this forum.
Welcome Ejaydee...you are going to love it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33