Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from H-Town

Reaction score
We're hosting the Super Bowl with tons of activities going on in the city and all I want to do is get more stick time with my Typhoon H.

We're hosting the Super Bowl with tons of activities going on in the city and all I want to do is get more stick time with my Typhoon H.

Good luck.
You probably already know there is a temporary 30 mile radius NFZ from the stadium outward. Be careful.

Reactions: YuneecTitan
Hey there. Im in Houston as well. Im meeting a group of pilots today in sienna plantation to just do some flying. Kind of a bland place to fly but it gets you in the air. Let me know if you wanna go. We are meeting at 10 am

Bill W.

Good luck.
You probably already know there is a temporary 30 mile radius NFZ from the stadium outward. Be careful.
I did get lucky - didn't know the NFZ was that large. Since I'm so new at this, I'm staying a pretty good distance from most structures. Still a bit nervous about crashing or having it not return to me when I want it.

Hey there. Im in Houston as well. Im meeting a group of pilots today in sienna plantation to just do some flying. Kind of a bland place to fly but it gets you in the air. Let me know if you wanna go. We are meeting at 10 am

Bill W.
Hi Bill,
Just seeing your post. I'm not too far from Sienna Plantation. I'm in the Richmond/Sugar Land/Katy area. I ended-up in George Bush Park. It's a huge area. As I build my confidence in the equipment and my experience, I think that will be a great.
Do you guys meet there often?

Hi Bill,
Just seeing your post. I'm not too far from Sienna Plantation. I'm in the Richmond/Sugar Land/Katy area. I ended-up in George Bush Park. It's a huge area. As I build my confidence in the equipment and my experience, I think that will be a great.
Do you guys meet there often?
I went to George Bush Park yesterday to test the new firmware update.

Bill W.

I went to George Bush Park yesterday to test the new firmware update.

Bill W.
How did it go?
Prior to updating my firmware, my last flight was very strange. The H was doing its own thing, I had to bring it in on a hot landing as it was looking like it was about to "fly away". Scared the crap out of me as I was not far from water and maybe a couple of hundred yards from some high-power lines. I landed that puppy boxed it up and started reading everything I could find. All of my switches were in their normal positions and I hadn't monkey with any of the settings so I was really perplexed!

I've since updated my firmware and have done all but the compass calibration - hadn't been outside for that one. I have to get a few things done and then I'm going to try to get to Bush park to see what happens.

What kind of flying time are you getting with the stock batteries? Have you purchased others?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Yuneec Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Yuneec quadcopter’s. If your new to RC aircraft be sure to read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy!

How did it go?
Prior to updating my firmware, my last flight was very strange. The H was doing its own thing, I had to bring it in on a hot landing as it was looking like it was about to "fly away". Scared the crap out of me as I was not far from water and maybe a couple of hundred yards from some high-power lines. I landed that puppy boxed it up and started reading everything I could find. All of my switches were in their normal positions and I hadn't monkey with any of the settings so I was really perplexed!

I've since updated my firmware and have done all but the compass calibration - hadn't been outside for that one. I have to get a few things done and then I'm going to try to get to Bush park to see what happens.

What kind of flying time are you getting with the stock batteries? Have you purchased others?
I had no issues.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

How did it go?

Stock batteries are about 15 to 18 min. Just ordered a morpower brand on amazon. Looking to see how that works.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm getting about the same on the stock batteries. The higher capacity batteries are giving me 21-22 minutes. It is just a few more minutes but it seems much longer and it is great to have extra flight time. I was hoping to get some stick time in this weekend but it isn't looking to promising with all this rain.

I'm getting about the same on the stock batteries. The higher capacity batteries are giving me 21-22 minutes. It is just a few more minutes but it seems much longer and it is great to have extra flight time. I was hoping to get some stick time in this weekend but it isn't looking to promising with all this rain.
What brand are you using to get that time?

Yeah...the rain is a bummer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold