Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Hello from Oklahoma (USA), I'm here because I'm tired of DJI.

Reaction score
Hello. I'm here because I want to have control of my own drone. I'm so tired of DJI Go app warning me about 50 things while I'm trying to fly. No, there is not a recreational airport nearby - never has been, probably never will be. Yes, I know the wind is blowing, that's why I had to pull my hat down a little further on my head. Yes I know I'm in a controlled airspace, but the propellers are off and I'm in my office, can't I please just test some things.

Maybe Yuneec is the answer.

I have my Part 107, I want to do commercial work. Mapping, inspecting, maybe agriculture. Not real estate or movie making.

I'm really interested in the H520E RTK but I don't want to spend that much yet. I might get the H520E/E90X instead and maybe later there will be an upgrade path to RTK. If not I can sell it on ebay and buy a new one. But first I'm going to read the enhanced user's manual I've read about on here and also read a lot more of the great messages - this forum looks like a really good place to be.

Tobias

Last edited:
Welcome to YuneecPilots!

A good knowledgeable person to talk to is @chascoadmin who uses the H520 and H520e RTK in his everyday work. With the H520 series there are no NFZ’s, you are the pilot and decide where, when, and how you fly.

Reactions: Steve Carr
You want control?
then learn unix, python and c. And fly a Bebop 2.

I have djis, yuneec, parrot and cheapy drones (HR, etc)

Parrot Bebop 2 allows me to customize the drone like a computer. I can recompile, make changes, add source files, debug then recompile. Fly. The best so far.
Parts are cheap and the bird is sturdy.

Ynueec is trickier, but doable. But part inventory is limited and more expensive. Sturdier though. I just had a crash on my mantis q ( it fell on concrete from 2 yards high) and the only think that was detached was the camera housing. I snapped it back together and it is flying as if nothing happened.
In contrast, My DJI Air 2 would have broken into several parts.

DJI are great drones but flimsy. They are expensive flying cameras. And tend to break easily.
Tampering with their software voids the first two potential years of warranty.

Parrot fencing can be overridden easily. No more official updates.
Yuneec drones can be done as well, many members can do it for you for a fee. No more updates in USA.

dji, can be done directly by dji. But reason and payment is expected. Future Updates will override the work done.

Last edited:
Hello. I'm here because I want to have control of my own drone. I'm so tired of DJI Go app warning me about 50 things while I'm trying to fly. No, there is not a recreational airport nearby - never has been, probably never will be. Yes, I know the wind is blowing, that's why I had to pull my hat down a little further on my head. Yes I know I'm in a controlled airspace, but the propellers are off and I'm in my office, can't I please just test some things.

Maybe Yuneec is the answer.

I have my Part 107, I want to do commercial work. Mapping, inspecting, maybe agriculture. Not real estate or movie making.

I'm really interested in the H520E RTK but I don't want to spend that much yet. I might get the H520E/E90X instead and maybe later there will be an upgrade path to RTK. If not I can sell it on ebay and buy a new one. But first I'm going to read the enhanced user's manual I've read about on here and also read a lot more of the great messages - this forum looks like a really good place to be.

Tobias
Welcome, I am happy to see another X - DJI pilot, this forum is a brilliant place to be

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22