Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help me out guys, 5.8Ghz is seriously weak.

Reaction score
So I installed the raptor SR and took it out. I get a little more range but man that 5.8 seems to lose bars pretty fast. Suggestions? Also my freewell filters showed up and I am super excited to use them if the sun ever comes back out in Rochester.

I get a little more range but man that 5.8 seems to lose bars pretty fast.
Do you have a clear line of sight or are there trees or buildings partially blocking the signal? Does the video break up or freeze? What distance?

Sparse tree's and not much other stuff around. I cant get out about 500, 600 feet and I start to get freezes on the screen and some "loss of wifi signal".

Even if I get up around 400 ft where there should not be physically anything hindering the signal, I get that 5.8 dropping fast.

Have you tried the square directional antenna or are you using the mushroom? Make sure the mushroom or square one is in the middle. If switching antennas doesn't do the trick then maybe the wire that is on the inside of the controller has become disconnected.

I flew my first two flights yesterday on the H Plus at my usual test and experiment location off the SF Bay. I did not even use the stock antenna but migrated the DBS Itelite antenna from my 480 to the H Plus. I had no range issues but only went out to ~1400ft. Wifi bars seemed to hold at 2-3 for me.

Thanks Wind. I was hoping the SR Raptor would be decent. I have used ITELITE on all my DJI drones and have been completely happy with them. Maybe I made a mistake trying out the SR Raptor.

So I installed the raptor SR and took it out. I get a little more range but man that 5.8 seems to lose bars pretty fast. Suggestions? Also my freewell filters showed up and I am super excited to use them if the sun ever comes back out in Rochester.
I installed the Raptor SR as well. I noticed at about 400' out I lost one bar on my 5.8 but made it to a half mile out at 300' El and didn't lose any more bars. Video was stable even though I was flying adjacent a housing area - kept getting electro mag interference warnings.

For reference, you might want to check out some results I posted about the Raptor SR and distance testing... H+ Distance Tests? I would say there is something amiss with your hardware...
I agree. There is some type of problem with the setup.
@toddinroch does your H Plus have the latest firmware?
The Itelite and the 4Hawks should be very close to the same reception range. Perhaps you should remove all of the cables and check the center pin at each connector to verify they are all intact.

Reactions: thoneter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone