Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Help Q500 warning

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My wife was kind and bought me a Q500! I open the box and got the craft all set up the evening I got it. The next morning I went on the first flight. It was a bit windy so I landed the craft. About to feet of the ground it dropped tipped and chipped the blade!! I was worried so I started the craft back up and flew it up maybe 50 feet and landed it without incident... The next day not so windy so I went to fly the craft. However I turned everything on and got a red light flashing on the tail with with a series of 3 beeps and then one. On the remote a warning came up to land immediately and 5 motor something or other. I wasn’t in flight and motors not even running and won’t start. I also noticed the GPS said acquiring. I got on line to see what I could find and did a really bind with no luck. I fused around long enough that the craft battery got low. Here is what odd. As the battery got low it acquired GPS, engines started and it flew. However the battery was low so had to land. I thought great.. I went to charge the battery and saw red and green blinking light on the charger. The 7.5 amp fuse was pre burned out! Got a new fuse charged the battery and remote in hopes of flying the next day! No go as I got the same warning about entering 5 motor something! It only has 4 motors anyhow! I tried live Yuneec chat but no one available. Sent emails with no response and have a 15 min tech support call tomorrow.
I am hoping someone on here has a solid answer on a fix. I have flown the craft for a total of maybe 10 minutes! Please help!
Thank you!
OrgonDrone

First of all, the message "Motor error! Enter Five-Rotor mode! Please land immediately." is misleading.
They reuse SW parts from Hexrotor birds.
It means simply motor error. It could be that the motor or the ESC was demaged during the first landing tough that is unusual.

You can use the GUI software to identify the affected motor or the telemetry files on the SD card in battery compartment of the ST10.

br HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
I would also recommend a couple things. Before you attempt to fly again, watch all the instructional videos you can on the q500. There are several critical things that if not followed can cost you. Like h-elsner mentioned, follow that through. It is also smart to remove the camera until your used to flying. This forum has a wealth of information that will save you lots of trouble.
Good luck

It might be a good idea to put the Q500 on the GUI and see which motor is giving the error. It could be some debris got into one of the motors. You can also turn each motor by hand to see if you can feel any difference between them.

There are some questions raised by the things you mentioned related to the battery. A good battery should have lasted a LONG time when just doing testing. And a blown fuse on the charger raises concern. We might be able to look at the battery depletion rate during the test period if you upload the telemetry files.

Is the Q500 covered under a warranty?

It might be a good idea to put the Q500 on the GUI and see which motor is giving the error. It could be some debris got into one of the motors. You can also turn each motor by hand to see if you can feel any difference between them.

There are some questions raised by the things you mentioned related to the battery. A good battery should have lasted a LONG time when just doing testing. And a blown fuse on the charger raises concern. We might be able to look at the battery depletion rate during the test period if you upload the telemetry files.

Is the Q500 covered under a warranty?

Steve,
Thank you for the info. I did the GUI download and test and ESC2 failed which looks says engine 4. It doesn’t feel funny when spinning it. I may open it up and see if a wire came loose in the motor. If I can see anything obvious I guess I send it in for repair. Hopefully it’s a warranty repair!
Additionally when doing the UGI test I removed the blades to try and click on each motor to run it and it wouldn’t work. The 3three green motors would turn yellow when clicked but nothing happened. So not sure about that.
Any other suggestions?
Oh I think the battery did last long as it wasn’t full charged.
Thank you and to others that replied.
Rob

Another update! I opened up the motor and all the no loose soldered wires or plugged in wires. What I did see however was there is a little circuit board connected to the motor cone shaped cover and there appears to be an. Led light there that is not working. The wires plugged in to the board are snug. Could it be that this little circuit panel is the issue? Thank you again to everyone for your assistance in this.

Yes. The little circuit panel is the ESC (Electronic Speed Controller), and it is very likely the source of your problem. They are sold as either "front" or "rear" ESCs. If you want to repair it yourself, they are available from many sources on the internet, including this one from our sponsor, Vertigo Drones:

Yuneec Brushless ESC (Front): Q500.

The soldering involved takes a moderately advanced skill level. It is not something you want imperfectly done.

Thank you WTF. You seem to be referring to the larger circuit board with soldered wires. Any thoughts on the small circuit board in the lense itself? Or is that led in that not working because of the ESC board? Thank you again for your input!

The small board is just the LED board. You can swap it with one of the others to check it out. It just unplugs at the edge of the board. Other than the color, it doesn't matter which of the others you choose.
I doubt it is bad, but certainly easy enough to check.

Hello all. Update on my drone saga as it STILL continues. Drone was shipped to Yuneec ofor repair over a month ago. Went to some repair provider in Missouri. At first I got updates on status but that has now ended. As of today I don’t know when or if I will get the drone back. I have emailed Yuneec about my displeasure with ZERO response. I even called sales the other day to see if they could assist with no luck. After this experience I will NEVER suggest to anyone to buy a Yuneec Drone. Nor will I ever purchase anything from them again. Hands down worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

• Sad
There is a serious issue with warranty service. At least for the time being. And it has been building for the past few months. We are told that Yuneec is negotiating for new warranty service providers. Your Q went to KAV in Missouri for repair. Eventually it will get fixed and get sent back to you. It's a very sad turn of events. At one time Yuneec provided the best service in the industry. We all hope it can find it's way back to that position.
Do a search for KAV to follow the status.

KAV is correct on the repair. I have emailed them as well and was informed that when parts arrive they will contact me should there be costs associated for repair! I have sent an email asking for an update to KAV for the past 3 weeks and zero reply. Also if this repair isnt something covered under warranty and they want money there is some serious issues. What’s really sad is you could take you vehicle in and have a motor and trans rebuilt and re-installed faster than this debacle of a “service”. Sorry to rant, it’s just sad there service and product seems to suck so badly. I don’t want to just request the drone back if it’s not fixed as it’s just a paper weight to me at that point. I for sure would have to pay for parts and repair at that point.
I guess I just don’t understand we will get to it when we get to it and ignore requests for updates. My last request for update literally just said “ Please provide and update on my drone repair. Thank you in advance”. So it’s not like I am being rude etc.
Uhhhh.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430