Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

HELP!

Reaction score
I cannot get the current GUI v1.2.13 to stay open. I have connected the drone and it will not stay open and read the drone. Trying to get the vehicle ID so I can get the unlock code for it. I am a 107 and we are going to use this drone for inspections here at my airport. I have tried emailing customer service and calling, but no answers. Getting really frustrated.

You have to right click the icon and open the GUI as "Run as Administrator" on most computers to get it to stay open. You can also set the properties to always open as administrator.

Thank you!!! Now it tells me "Com9" does not exist.
I got it to switch between Serial and USB. Still wont connect. See picture

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-21 130827.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 130827.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 15
Power on the Typhoon H. Then connect the USB cable. Check if in DeviceManager (WinKey+R, type devmgmt.msc) the USB to Serial connection is visible:
DeviceManager.png
If so, the drive installation is OK so far. Then start the GUI as Administrator. Now it should connect.
GUI.png
If not, check if there is a security rule (group policy) that avoids to access to a serial port. However, admin priviledge shoud give you the right.
Some hints:

br HE

Power on the Typhoon H. Then connect the USB cable. Check if in DeviceManager (WinKey+R, type devmgmt.msc) the USB to Serial connection is visible:
View attachment 23574
If so, the drive installation is OK so far. Then start the GUI as Administrator. Now it should connect.
View attachment 23575
If not, check if there is a security rule (group policy) that avoids to access to a serial port. However, admin priviledge shoud give you the right.
Some hints:

br HE

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-21 133804.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 133804.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2020-10-21 134123.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 134123.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 13
View attachment 23574
View attachment 23575
Some hints:

br HE
permissions are set

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
Seems you don't have driver for serial ports (I think the Drone is visible here as "Othe device").
There is (newer) HW that do no more support LPT or COM ports.
Maybe that helps:

br HE
After I followed your advice, here is what I have now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-21 143346.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 143346.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 9
Now it looks better. Try following driver to get COM6 work:

br HE

Edit: There is a statement that for win 10 the driver is no more adequat, whatever it means. Try to click on COM6 and let Windows search a driver.
Another idea is to use Win7 compatibility mode.

br HE

Edit: There is a statement that for win 10 the driver is no more adequat, whatever it means. Try to click on COM6 and let Windows search a driver.
Still nothing.

br HE

Still not working.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-21 151910.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 151910.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 12
Did you download the drivers from the opening page of the GUI. There is a link to do so.
The setting should be USB and not serial.
When you right click the GUI icon select Run as Windows 7.

Attachments

• GUI Shortcut mod.jpg
    GUI Shortcut mod.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 8
As noted above, success is very dependent on the order in which things are turned on and plugged in. The screenshot below shows the proper order.

If that doesn't work, have you tried different USB ports or a different computer?

Also be aware common USB cables will not work. It has to be a DATA CAPABLE USB cable, not an ordinary USB as commonly used to charge cell phones.

Note: These GUI instructions are copied from page 60 of the Enhanced Typhoon H manual provided by @ogrench.

Attachments

• GUI.jpg
    GUI.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Irish
Now, where we have the COM ports in Device Manager I would try to delete the GUI and re-install it. Usually the GUI comes with the correct driver. Maybe this runs out of control if COM & LPT ports are not available at all. Re-installation may help.

USB cable seems to be OK because now we see the “STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port (COM...)”.

Win10 and COM ports are a long and painful story...

Br, HE

Reactions: Steve Carr
I cannot get the current GUI v1.2.13 to stay open. I have connected the drone and it will not stay open and read the drone. Trying to get the vehicle ID so I can get the unlock code for it. I am a 107 and we are going to use this drone for inspections here at my airport. I have tried emailing customer service and calling, but no answers. Getting really frustrated.
Right-click the icon and open the program as administrator. It took me a while to figure that out but, the program worked flawlessly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33