Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Here is some raw video and photo footage taken with the Leica Ion L1 Pro

Reaction score
Hi,

here is an article with some photos, screenshots, and raw photos and video from the L1. Feel free to take a look and download. Images and videos from the drone are at the bottom. You can download mp4 and jpg files by right clicking them, and as for DNG, there are 4 links for 4 photos available at the bottom of the article. Tell me what you think :)

I watched the videos several times. My take : 1) No apparent flaws. The C23 has that 'diamond artifact' that appeared in my videos when the surf is against the beach - high contrast, changing subject lines. 2) A slight amount of noise in the first video, less in the third. Have no idea how these were processed and uploaded for presentation. 3) Great color tones, again. The color tones were also great in Yosi's pictures as well. 4) In the third video the capture of the detail with the very subtle electrical wires; the detail inside the tractor lines in the dirt; even capturing the dark inside of the fences for a moment as the angle of the fly-over allowed (the inside of the white topped fence lines) towards the end. The overall detail appears excellent. Probably a bit overexposed though. 5) The first and second videos being shot in the early blue light are challenging for shadow detail in my experience based on filming with the C23 in the same light and almost identical subject of the first video. Other then the low-light noise, the details in the shadows along the river are excellent. 6) Flat horizon (as should be expected at this point) in all videos. 7) All videos have subjects farther away then I typically shoot (5' - 40' for my main subjects) so critical sharpness is hard to judge, but sharpness appears excellent edge-to-edge. 8) Main take away is great color, great detail. No flaw drew my eye away from the subject.

Shame it won't play here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200204-183310.png
    Screenshot_20200204-183310.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 47
Thanks for posting that link.
I am surprised, but pleased, the the last shot of the ST16S shows the flight expos are apparently adjustable.
No filters are supplied for the camera.
From the article; 'Photo in JPG are displayed in the article, and their DNG versions are available for download below. To view the picture in full resolution, right-click on the picture and select "show picture" or "save picture as ..." to save and open it using the picture viewer.' And videos 'were recorded using codeca h.264 (also available h.265) in MP4 format, 3840x2160 resolution, picture mode: normal.'
The dngs and videos seem very good and I'm impressed. I'd say much better than my E90. No issues playing the videos here in Northern Ireland.

Reactions: DroneCalzone
Just for giggles, I downloaded the last video file (10-bit ylog) and edited it in PowerDirector. See comments on YT video for the changes. Unfortunately, I could only output 60 Mbps XAVC-S from PD even though it was recorded at 100 Mbps. Give YT a few minutes to finish publishing the 4K/60fps version.
https://youtu.be/qB17O_SVO10

Reactions: Graham and rdonson
Just for giggles, I downloaded the last video file (10-bit ylog) and edited it in PowerDirector. See comments on YT video for the changes. Unfortunately, I could only output 60 Mbps XAVC-S from PD even though it was recorded at 100 Mbps. Give YT a few minutes to finish publishing the 4K/60fps version.
https://youtu.be/qB17O_SVO10
Thanks for sharing, looks great! Do you know why was there a bitrate limitation? It's not related to the camera, right? Just something on your side?

PS - for those who haven't seen it - we uploaded an additional (4th) video with a neutral color palette (the 10-bit YLog mode) for postprocessing.

Reactions: Graham
PowerDirector 365 default XAVC-S bit rate for 3840x2160x60fps is 60 Mbps. Today I customized the output setting to 100 Mbps to see if there's any difference. Comparing the 2 on my 4K monitor, I could only imagine that the 100 Mbps version looked better. Taking screen dumps of the two at the very middle of the video and zooming in, the only significant difference I could see was the in the corrugated metal roof. The 100 Mbps version rendered a bit more detail. I could see no difference in the pixel bunching of the brown leafless trees or the water ripples (near the beginning of the video). The grass had very slightly more detail in the 100 Mbps version, nothing that I could distinguish while playing the videos in real time. Perhaps this video is not a good example for comparing bit rate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval