Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

hot and windy day

Reaction score
well just got done with 12 flights in heat index 103-109 and gusty winds from the sw pumping the heat in. as I thought there would be reduced air time due to such high temps. throw in the wind and it slowed my h520 speed down to single digits at full throttle. The venoms held up fine no problems but going restrict them for use when the temps are at lower than 90. same with yuneec h520 oem batteries.

I've noticed my Tq5004k gets real hot here in southeast Georgia.

No real flight control issues but my camera will start to tilt about 10 to 15 minutes into a flight. The CG03 specs note an max operating temperature of 104° F.

The fuselage gets real, real hot as well. I'm wondering what kind of accumulated damage may be happening under the hood.

At least circuit boards are replaceable...

well today 16 flights went better than yesterday's temps were low mid 80's calm winds. ultra x batteries test for distance endurance runs ended up 7 to 8 miles per battery. the venoms hit distance 56,000ft before needing to land due to low battery. flew in laps that would be closest to hit one mile per lap. could not set it up in orbit. max orbit hits 22 mph and distance to a mile is 1 lap and about two thirds of a second lap

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuneecfan49