Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do I DOWNGRADE FW for ST16S and C23?

Reaction score
Corvallis, Or, USA & Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean
I need to roll my FW back to the May 7 FW since the latest FW (build 750) has introduced horizontal vibrations on the gimbal. I can roll the C23 FW back per @Peggy 's instructions but I do not understand how to roll everything (ST106 and C23) backwards.

I have a copy of the FW for May 7 and I know I can place a copy of this FW in the yuneecOTA folder on the ST106S. I know that I can then do the 'check for update", it will detect that there is old FW in the yuneecOTA, download the lasted FW and install it. BUT, I have not learned (or read) how to force the ST106S to install the OLD firmware that already exists in the yuneecOTA folder. If this has been explained on this forum and I am getting too senile to find it, please provide a link. If it has not been explained but you know how, please HELP :).

Thanks!

I need to roll my FW back to the May 7 FW since the latest FW (build 750) has introduced horizontal vibrations on the gimbal. I can roll the C23 FW back per @Peggy 's instructions but I do not understand how to roll everything (ST106 and C23) backwards.

I have a copy of the FW for May 7 and I know I can place a copy of this FW in the yuneecOTA folder on the ST106S. I know that I can then do the 'check for update", it will detect that there is old FW in the yuneecOTA, download the lasted FW and install it. BUT, I have not learned (or read) how to force the ST106S to install the OLD firmware that already exists in the yuneecOTA folder. If this has been explained on this forum and I am getting too senile to find it, please provide a link. If it has not been explained but you know how, please HELP :).

Thanks!

See and read here in first:

UPGRADE BUILD750 20180824

then here:

UPGRADE BUILD750 20180824

Thank you @oliver !!

I'm going to copy/comment on your downgrade description just to make it clearer to myself in case I need to downgrade the entire system at some point in the future. Thank you @oliver for your work in documenting this - I now feel much more comfortable now about being able to handle FW changes that Yuneec may ship our way :)

From @oliver :
There you have to do a reset factory from android without backup, install the flight pilot 2 (Yuneec-App-Release.apk version 749) [Installing the .apk is done from the Android operating system. It is necessary to install this .apk first in order for the controller FW to be installed. The .apk is located in TYPHOONHPLUS_APP_....] then make a update from a microSD on which will be copied the files from the update.zip and the firmware directory from the file TYPHOONHPLUS_CONTROLLER_... that you have extracted from the .zip file (thank you @Peggy and @mbernholdt).
[To downgrade the camera, do the operations described in How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus ] Same operation with the microSD in the C23.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz