Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do you guys feel about Airports

Reaction score
Hey all, I am really wanting to fly my drone in different countries (when the world opens up again) and I have watched Le Drib and a few others on how to pack it...but I am still wary of doing so

What if for some reason security say no...do I then have to either miss my flight or risk leaving my drone at the airport for the time I am away?

Hey Hicupostrah,
I would call ahead and discuss this with the airline. Really the only issue should be the batteries I would think and I have a feeling your not the first seeking information on the subject.

Batteries cannot be checked. They must be in carry on. Check limits of size and number with the carrier you are flying with. For your safety and others have all packs at storage voltage, isolate contacts to prevent shorts, and have packs in a fire/explosion proof LiPo bag.

This is what i know about last regulations about batteries on board :

LIPO batteries are mandatory to keep them in hand luggage.
It is also necessary to check the power of the LIPO batteries and possibly request the permission to take on board the airline with which you fly; the limit is currently set at 100 Wh. To sum up:
Up to 100 Wh no authorization is required from the airline to carry lipo batteries on board, in number of four per passenger or as indicated by the airline with which you are flying.
From 100 Wh to 160 Wh the airline's authorization is required to carry lipo batteries on board and only in number of two per passenger.
The current LIPO report the indication of the power in Wh printed on the battery itself, otherwise it is possible to calculate it using the following formula:
Watt hours (Wh) = Volts (V) x Amp hour (Ah)
or in the case of mAh: Watt hours (Wh) = Volts (V) x (mAh ÷ 1000)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval