Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How do you store your propellers?

What I’m wishing to see is the same configuration length and width as the orig. so it fits perfectly back in the designated slot in the bag.

With the forum logo and everything, good work partner, and thank you ?

I printed a Plastic replica of the original box that sits in the slot in the case where the old one was, but without a lid. It is divided halfway and they all just sit there like soldiers in a row. Neat, accurate and secure.

Reactions: claudius62
I designed this box for the Regular H. If you stretch the Z axis in your slicer you can also use it for the longer size props that the 520 uses.

Yes Grasshopper. "This way. Props on, props off."
The props for my old CX20 came in a poly bag.
I've been stashing the H's props in one of those bags for 100 flights.

Yes Grasshopper. "This way. Props on, props off."
The props for my old CX20 came in a poly bag.
I've been stashing the H's props in one of those bags for 100 flights.

The poly bag thing doesn't matter. Why? because you transport the propellers in a closed hollow of the transport bag. The question is, if you don't have that hole in the transport bag, the one you use in the video, how would you transport the propellers? Where and use a poly bag, that does not provide any protection?

The poly bag thing doesn't matter. Why? because you transport the propellers in a closed hollow of the transport bag. The question is, if you don't have that hole in the transport bag, the one you use in the video, how would you transport the propellers? Where and use a poly bag, that does not provide any protection?
I use the bag just to make it easier to retrieve & stash the props.
After over 100 flights, the tip path plane of all the props is still flat. (All tips track the same under load.)
I suspect that the Yuneec OEM props are fiber reinforced.
I've had nylon props on my F450 that did deform if stored under any stress.
It now has carbon fiber props. (spinning cutlery)

Last edited:
Reactions: arruntus
I use the bag just to make it easier to retrieve & stash the props.
After over 100 flights, the tip path plane of all the props is still flat. (All tips track the same under load.)
I suspect that the Yuneec OEM props are fiber reinforced.
I've had nylon props on my F450 that did deform if stored under any stress.
It now has carbon fiber props. (spinning cutlery)

Probably because the material they're made of is better. However, even carbon fiber ones, over time, they also start to show signs of wear even though they are stored correctly. I think it's because they don't have to be totally rigid, they have to be a little flexible and be able to absorb the mistreatment we give them when we change direction abruptly or brake quickly. Otherwise there is the possibility of splitting.

Anyway, the way you transport them is perfect, they do not suffer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic