Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

How is the 520 better than the plus ?

johnnyb57

Lost in Space
Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Got to ask whats the plus side of going from a plus to a 520 besides the mapping aspect ? What I'm trying to figure out is how a novice like myself would benefit from this upgrade. Mapping of the 520 doesn't seem to be a hard task to get to perform, but the outside software could be difficult in grasping. I also see that DJI seems to be a better product at mapping from a quick look into it ? I hope youse (yes a Bostonian accent) can enlighten me somewhat ?

The biggest positive is no NFZ’s built into the software or firmware. If it is legal to fly according to the FAA your machine and Yuneec will not prevent you from being able to get airborne.

DoomMeister is 100% correct. The 520 is more robust, and will fly in areas the Phantom will lock out, even if you've read the charts and are in a legal fly zone.
The DJI Phantom 4 does have a slightly more sensitive camera, and I've gotten better mapping results with the P4P flying them both on the same projects, same GCP's. It is a trade off.

The primary difference between the H520 and the H Plus is their intended use. They are designed for different applications, therefore the H520 is not better, just different. I enjoy flying the H Plus for fun using its very nice camera. While you can do that with the H520. unless you are planning on mapping, it's not worth the extra money for the H520. The C23 and E90 cameras are essentially the same and in fact are interchangeable with either of the platforms. Interestingly, the E90 is a good bit more expensive. For the non-commercial fun of flying, photography and videography, the H Plus is all you need.

The biggest reason for DJI seeming to better for mapping purposes is the greater third party support. DJI holds a much greater market share and gets better support from other companies for that reason. The other is that Yuneec has been rather closed to the idea of opening its platform to third parties and users. Even the SDK for the 520 platform is not very robust. Third party camera support is essentially nil.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my