Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

IR sensor error, what I have understand until now

Reaction score
As told in the previous thread, after a month of successfully flight one day, from nowhere has appeared this problem. On taking off, the app says 'Drone can't take off because of an IR sensor error.'

I have tried everything, and I have understood something about that problem.

The problem appears from nowhere and seems linked o a firmware bug.

On the switch on of the drone appears that the firmware, for some reason, doesn't active the IR sensor (I have checked with smartphone camera which can see IR light and it's off).

I have tried to recalibrate, but the problem persists.

For some reason, after trying like ten times to take off, the IR sensor magically decide to switch one. The drone so can take off correctly, and the IR sensor works perfectly. I have tried to put my hand under the drone at 1m height, and IR sensor has seen my hand, so the drone went up another meter. I have taken off my hand from IR sensor range and the drone correctly sees that it is now at 2m heights.

After that fly the IR sensor works well also if the drone don't fly (checkd with my smartphone camera and the IR is on)

If you turn off the drone and turn on again, the IR sensor stop working again.

So my coicnlusion is that, for some reason, firmware doesn't switch on the IR sensor or it deosn't give power to switch on the sensor.

I want to send my drone to yuneeccostumers cares because the drone has only 1 month

I think i have the same problem. Just bought it yesterday. Will try to put it on my hand.

I think i have the same problem. Just bought it yesterday. Will try to put it on my hand.
Just check if at the end of startup you can see light on the if sensor, if not I think you have the same problem with IR that don't won't to go on

I have experienced this and when I shined a flashlight under the breeze it works. I have not checked with camera yet. let us know if you find anymore information thanks

I have experienced this and when I shined a flashlight under the breeze it works. I have not checked with camera yet. let us know if you find anymore information thanks
At the moment my drone is at Europe costumers service for repairs it

At the moment my drone is at Europe costumers service for repairs it

This obviously is not a new issue but I can't find any info that Yuneec has addressed this at all, and I heard DJI customer service was bad.? I'm really disappointed, I thought for sure I would find a resolution somewhere on this forum but instead I have a brand new $199+ drone that can't take off.

Last edited:
Try the reset button near the USB cable connector on the side of the drone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yatharthhospital