Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is this battery safe to use on H plus?

Reaction score
I want to buy a new battery to my H + and I wonder if anybody has some experience with unoriginal batteries? This is 7900 mAh / 15,2V and it is made for H520 and H+.EY-YUN_H520_7900_LI_01.jpg

Yes it is a good battery. I have one I bought from a former H+ pilot and am using it in my H480 (yes it can handle the higher voltage). It has been in service since March 2020 and is well balanced with IR readings around 4 to 5 milliOhms per cell. I balance charge at 5.5A to stay within the wattage rating of my charger and it charges to full in less than an hour from storage level.

@DoomMeister : what is the gain in terms of flight time using the LIHV batteries on the Typhoon H 480?
I really do not see a gain in usable time as I monitor the voltage and bring it back to land at 15.2V. I am very conservative in my flying when it comes to the batteries and have only on rare occasions flown to even the first low level warning. Since these are LiHV cells (in a 4S configuration) I set my return voltage 0.6V higher than what I do with my normal LiPo cells (14.8V). I average around 12 to 14 minutes with the CGO3+ recording 4K video and I have the RealSense module (power is on even when not engaged).

For those not familiar with the H480 the battery alarms are set in firmware at 14.3V for the first alarm and 14.1V for the second. The voltage levels I referred to in the first paragraph are my mental settings that I use. To extrapolate the firmware alarms for the LiHV pack the 1st would be at 14.9V and the second at 14.7V. This is due to the voltage difference between LiPo (4.2V at full charge)and LiHV cells (4.35V at full charge).

Last edited:
Reactions: DCH and Pier2162
I really do not see a gain in usable time as I monitor the voltage and bring it back to land at 15.2V. I am very conservative in my flying when it comes to the batteries and have only on rare occasions flown to even the first low level warning. Since these are LiHV cells (in a 4S configuration) I set my return voltage 0.6V higher than what I do with my normal LiPo cells (14.8V). I average around 12 to 14 minutes with the CGO3+ recording 4K video and I have the RealSense module (power is on even when not engaged).

For those not familiar with the H480 the battery alarms are set in firmware at 14.3V for the first alarm and 14.1V for the second. The voltage levels I referred to in the first paragraph are my mental settings that I use. To extrapolate the firmware alarms for the LiHV pack the 1st would be at 14.9V and the second at 14.7V. This is due to the voltage difference between LiPo (4.2V at full charge)and LiHV cells (4.35V at full charge).
Excellent answer, thank you

Thank you, will it give me longer flytime?
There may be a slight increase in flight time compared to the OEM batteries, but no significant increase. The larger capacity cells also weigh more which places a bit more load on the system.

The most important thing to measure and track is the voltage balance of the cells when charging and in use, as well as the IR of the cells. If you see imbalances it means the cells are not well matched and the balancing portion of the charging process will take longer or may not be able to balance within 0.05V.

I want to buy a new battery to my H + and I wonder if anybody has some experience with unoriginal batteries? This is 7900 mAh / 15,2V and it is made for H520 and H+.View attachment 27424
@RoBjeDrone I picked one up when I got my H Plus a couple of months ago. The battery is fine. It flies and charges great. The only thing I have noticed is the spring on the latch has a bit less tension. If you do pick one up make sure it latches properly and that there is no chance of it slipping out of the battery enclosure. Hope this helps.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval