Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is Yuneec Listening or What!

I have it on good authority that the following changes are coming soon in a new firmware update for the Typhhon H
Adjustable height in RTH
Turn LEDS on/off
Screenshot. you may capture screen shot and image is saved to screenshot folder
Trim function. Trim tabs will have functions. Left trim tabs...right/left
Control white balance. up/down
Control exposure value.
AS I'VE SAID
YUNEEC IS LISTENING
Quoted from a "Little Birdie" with inside contacts!:rolleyes:

Very cool . . . but I hope these beautiful features are accompanied by a decent WiFi connection for EU users !

Sounds good. How about file numbering? The number can increment to 9999 before resetting.
I am fed up with renaming the file on every card flown.

Unless you know different?
Very good news about the update!
JCFlippen, best I can suggest is leaving the last file on the card and the camera will continue consecutively from that number. Or did you try that?

Not entirely sure what they/he/she means with control white balance up/down, perhaps they mean going through the temperature but the presets sort of do that and with any tablet screen you kind of wonder if it's the screen not the camera when you are flying. Also it already offers exposure control so lets hope its something like a spot meter as in where you tap on the screen is the spot it will meter for.

I'm also hoping they correct EXIF data, I thought they had fixed it the other time but I realised on the weekend videos were going in to correct folders in Lightroom but still images were all going in to a single folder which I think was the release date of the firmware.

Adjustable RTH is nice to see.

Did they have a firm date?

I have it on good authority that the following changes are coming soon in a new firmware update for the Typhhon H
Adjustable height in RTH
Turn LEDS on/off
Screenshot. you may capture screen shot and image is saved to screenshot folder
Trim function. Trim tabs will have functions. Left trim tabs...right/left
Control white balance. up/down
Control exposure value.
AS I'VE SAID
YUNEEC IS LISTENING
Quoted from a "Little Birdie" with inside contacts!:rolleyes:

Sounds good! hopefully asap... :)

Nice stuff all round; but when will they give us a histogram and overexposure display? They need things like that to be taken seriously as a photographic platform.

Reactions: D See Ker
I agree 100%. Lost a very good shot this morning as wifi disconnected at 50metres out and I lost the file! H was not overhead so why did it disconnect? On a positive note the H got some really good stuff.:)
It's really abysmal that the camera can't keep recording while it's disconnected. it's not storing on the radio anyway, there is a perfectly good sdcard onboard for the camera to keep the shot while you get reconnected again. How can we make this change ASAP?

Nice stuff all round; but when will they give us a histogram and overexposure display? They need things like that to be taken seriously as a photographic platform.
Oh sweet histogram, I want it too!
at least a little 100% zebra, c'mon yuneec!

I think realistically Yuneec call the H a 'Professional' machine for marketing only. I don't think the designers really bothered to find out what real "Pro" needs are if they did the CGO3+ camera would have been dead in the water and other obvious omissions would not have occured.
In the real world I have clients who are over the moon with the H results for their needs. Powerpoint presentations and web material sadly do not need top quality to look subjectively good. I explain and demonstrate the CGO3+ quality before taking work.
The overall H speedy set up time (wifi connection excepted) to operate is what pleases me. As I have posted elsewhere if Yuneec brought out a decent camera for the H then they could conquer the world.
I think 75% and 100% Zebras would be a great feature but I don't think Yuneec give a monkeys about zebras, for the designers this is the elephant in the room.

I still love my H :)

Reactions: anthony h-ellary
I thought the rule is anything with 'Pro' in the marketing material is for consumers who want top quality? :) The Pro-sumer segment for digital cameras are the DSLRs that give you the ability to control all your settings, play with lenses, without the cost of a genuinely top range camera. If you're a professional videographer, the machines you'll want to use start at two or three times the price.

I thought the rule is anything with 'Pro' in the marketing material is for consumers who want top quality? :) The Pro-sumer segment for digital cameras are the DSLRs that give you the ability to control all your settings, play with lenses, without the cost of a genuinely top range camera. If you're a professional videographer, the machines you'll want to use start at two or three times the price.

I totally agree,I think Yuneec Have the ability to of made the H a lot better if they had wanted to but by doing so they are narrowing the market as such a drone would of cost 3 Maybe 4 x as much,so instead they have released a hexacopter that is affordable and also very capable in the right hands,it's accesable to beginners and pros alike,yes it's not perfect and yes some compromises have been made but when you look at the price and the features against the competition,there's nothing out there that is like the typhoon H,find me another Hexacopter in this price range that's as good as the H,the tornado is for the pros as is its price tag.

As a Pro the game is when on a restricted budget to be able to squeeze out what quality you can from a piece of kit to do a job. Yunnec have succeeded in giving us the H machine that comes up with the flying goods at the expense of a decent well thought out camera. Perhaps there is one in the wings waiting to emerge?

Reactions: Tuna

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430