Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Karma Event

Reaction score
Anyone see the Karma launch? Communication as it should be done with supporting beautifully made video inserts for various aspects of the drone.

A lot more expensive than a Breeze for 'Leisure' market so hopefully the little white wonder will do well in its segment.

BTW I love my H. Upgraded to 1.27 without incident ..... so far.

Sorry if this should be somewhere else.

Moved this thread to the general discussions.

Karma looks great for GoPro enthusiasts as an extension of the camera they already love. Simple, compact, fairly inexpensive if you already own the camera. Specs at http://shop.gopro.com/karmatechspecs but the site is a bit slow right now.

For those interested in digging deeper in it, we launched a GoProPilots.com forum so you can join us there - GoPro Karma Drone Forum

Reactions: dirkclod
Anyone see the Karma launch? Communication as it should be done with supporting beautifully made video inserts for various aspects of the drone.

A lot more expensive than a Breeze for 'Leisure' market so hopefully the little white wonder will do well in its segment.

BTW I love my H. Upgraded to 1.27 without incident ..... so far.

Sorry if this should be somewhere else.
A quad. WHY did it have to be a #$@*! quad??

Moved this thread to the general discussions.

Karma looks great for GoPro enthusiasts as an extension of the camera they already love. Simple, compact, fairly inexpensive if you already own the camera. Specs at http://shop.gopro.com/karmatechspecs but the site is a bit slow right now.

For those interested in digging deeper in it, we launched a GoProPilots.com forum so you can join us there - GoPro Karma Drone Forum

Just checked out what little specs I could find. OMG....another propietary battery "solution." :(

And it doesn't look to be compatible with the Hero 3 which should be the same dimensions as the Hero 4. I can understand why they only want it to work with their new cameras but to lock out a lot of GoPro owners with older cameras? I've only have my Hero 3 for about 8 months.

Also, it sounds like I care, actually I don't. $799 seems too high for that drone. I'll keep my Hero 3 on my CX 20 with Walkera 2 axis gimbal.

And it doesn't look to be compatible with the Hero 3 which should be the same dimensions as the Hero 4. I can understand why they only want it to work with their new cameras but to lock out a lot of GoPro owners with older cameras? I've only have my Hero 3 for about 8 months.

Also, it sounds like I care, actually I don't. $799 seems too high for that drone. I'll keep my Hero 3 on my CX 20 with Walkera 2 axis gimbal.

Is the drone or controller controlling anything in the camera itself?

Just checked out what little specs I could find. OMG....another propietary battery "solution." :(
Well if it is a dumb battery like the other GoPro camera batteries, there will be aftermarket ones for sale soon at half the price.

WOW, completely NOT what I expected. Seems like the drone is being marketed as an accessory. Being sold as a package with a gimbaled stick. In their official video they make no claims about its capability, instead making statements that its part of your life-style...

Even the email I received from GoPro today has the GoPro 5 in the title and only when you scroll down do you see anything about the Karma...

I was expecting a lot more from GoPro - quite surprised how little they've moved the game on. Steep price for what it appears to be.

Reactions: QuadBart
I was not expecting much so I was pleasantly surprised. The GoPro 5 camera costs less than the 4 black I just bought, and it is waterproof and has a touchscreen. I did not expect them to include the handheld gimbal.

Offered at $799 with no cam.
With cam - $1,100 or so.
Head to head with the Typhoon H.

Oct 23 2016 launch date.
I suppose we will see how it does in the wind and with abuse and with crashes.
And will GoPro service dept be any good or not?

I still have two Typhoon G's which are looking pretty primitive now.
Still I like to fly them.

Typhoon G flies in the wind well.
But can crash with RING VORTEX.

Wonder if GoPro will give the Drone Girl a new Karma?

Still got my Typhoon G repair videos if you crash it.
Yuneec Typhoon G How to Repair Videos - YouTube

And getting to know Typhoon G
Getting to know Yuneec Typhoon G - YouTube

Guess I gotta get an H.
I need to price to fall.

Then I can crash it and try to fix it and post HOW TO's.

Take care you all.
Fly safe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval