Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

low battery

Reaction score
Leawood, KS. Right in the middle of nowhere...
So i Haven't dared yet to fly with a very low voltage level, so I'm wondering, what does the q500 do in low voltage? does it return home, make a beeping noise, or do you just have to pay attention to the battery level? also, if it is return home, can that be interrupted so you don't run into a tree or land in a lake?

If you care about your battery life, and the safety of your craft in the air, then you are doing the right thing by never flying down to lowest battery levels, but if you do then you will get 2 warnings (flashing lights on craft, and buzzing on remote) and if you ignore those, at 10.3 volts it will land where it is, not return home. It also does that if you enter Home mode at this point. Not sure if you retain directional control when that happens, but I think you do...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Rosenbaum
That is correct. At the second low battery warning the Q500 will land where it is. However you do have control with the right stick to fly in any direction you want. But the Q500 will be descending the whole time. So you do get a bit of a chance (depending on what altitude you're at when you get the 2nd low battery warning) to move your Q500 around if you're over an area where landing would not be appropriate! But you'll have to be quick with that right stick. Point the camera straight down if this happens and quickly choose the best landing site you can find!

DO NOT count on the low battery warning system to save you in any way.
Some have reported as much as 2 minutes of flight time from the first warning.
Others like myself got about 30 seconds total before watching the Q fall from the sky.
That was a tough (and costly) lesson to learn.
That's also when I stopped using factory Q batteries.
When I get down to about 10.6v, I'm already heading home and looking for my "bailout" spot if I need it.
Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

[QUOTE = "Jack Rosenbaum, post: 155884, μέλος: 17905"] Έτσι δεν έχω τόλμησε να πετάξω με ένα πολύ χαμηλό επίπεδο τάσης, γι 'αυτό αναρωτιέμαι τι κάνει το q500 σε χαμηλή τάση; επιστρέφει στο σπίτι, κάνει ένα ηχητικό σήμα ή απλά πρέπει να προσέξετε το επίπεδο της μπαταρίας; επίσης, αν είναι επιστροφή στο σπίτι, μπορεί να διακοπεί έτσι ώστε να μην τρέχει σε ένα δέντρο ή να προσγειωθεί σε μια λίμνη; [/ QUOTE]
αν στην επιστρωφη δεν φτανει η ταση της μαπαταριας να επιστρεψει το προσγειωνει εκει που ειναι δεντρο θαλασσα λιμνη ????

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan