Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Lume Cubes for the H

straight off the SD card ! So I'm unsure of quality of video, couldn't fly round too much incase I freaked out my neighbours :-?

Wow! That's amazing. The cool factor alone makes them worth getting! What's the range for turning them on and off via the phone?

Wow! That's amazing. The cool factor alone makes them worth getting! What's the range for turning them on and off via the phone?

I don't know yet, I was going to take the H for a fly around on the seafront as there is quite a few caves, cliffs and alcoves they work via Bluetooth of the Lume cube App, there is some kind of strobe setting on it also.

Yes for sure it does!
Cool that's good to know, when my video drops out it always worries me so it's back to 'eyes on' the H as when my link drops out it stays out untill I land and reboot. I bought the cubes to get some intresting night time footage above tree lines and around the coast etc , ok they are not exactly search lights but at 1500 lumens each they definitely light up the subject matter at close quarter. I think they will be excellent addition to a GoPro for shots when I dive also. ;)

You can fix them in any position you like, but that's the way it will stay during the flight....there's no auxiliary motor controlling up and down.

You could rig something with the landing gear. landing gear up moves them to one position, landing down moves them to another position.

course they cant be used with the pro unless they remake the bracket and take them away from the realsense module

If they don't fit with the real sense module then they are just a 180 dollar piece of garbage. Only application I can see for these is indoor lighting for video. With out the added realsense and ground positioning support that the pro offers I would not fly indoors. And for lighting outside, lots of other options out there a lot cheaper than this.

Reactions: Hulletteo
Yes that is a good question does the lume cube work with realsense?

Mine came in the post today from the US, I havnt flown with them yet but I did take them out into the back garden/yard and instant daylight ! They have 10 diffent settings of brightness and can be controlled individually by an app....these things are seriously bright, my eye still hurts from catching a glimpse off one. waterproof also down to 100' I think, so be great for underwater photography.....I will have a play with them on the H tomorrow night ! .... Lastly I weighed them complete with frame they come in at 260g so have a bit of weight that will probably affect flight time !!

View attachment 1773
All that cash and you get a cheap 3d printed bracket

What a rip....

Reactions: Dr Delta
I truly hate to be a buzz kill here, but seriously... these cubes can't possibly put out enough light to do anything but help the pilot see the aircraft. However, as those of us with 107 certification already know, I'll post the obvious:

SECTION 107 CERTIFICATION RESTRICTIONS:
“(a) No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft system during night.

(b) No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft system during periods of civil twilight unless the small unmanned aircraft has lighted anti-collision lighting visible for at least 3 statute miles. The remote pilot in command may reduce the intensity of the anti-collision lighting if he or she determines that, because of operating conditions, it would be in the interest of safety to do so.

So, here's my point: if the FAA quite rightly thinks it's an unacceptable risk (without a waiver), for commercial flying, then how can a hobbyist pilot think night flying is a good idea, even though you CAN do so legally? Just not a great idea for most.

Reactions: Dr Delta
you would think as long as the typhoon h with rs has been out lume cube would have a mount already. thats the only thing stopping me from buying a set

heads up I got the lume cube set the only trouble I ran into them is the antenna wires coming from the sides of the landing gear other wise it would have worked looks like a antenna mod be on order before usage.

Reactions: Hulletteo
I think I've found a solution that will work on the cubes with RS installed. Check out the clamp on Amazon. Attaching this clip to the land gear should work just fine. Comments are welcome.
Foto4easy Heavy Duty C Clamp U Clip Type Bracket with 1/4" Screw Mount Studio Stand Lighting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval