Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis Q horizon tilt (impossible fixing?)

Gonna be honest. I looked at tons of drones, I mean tons. I own a Parrot bebop2 fine little machine, very stable camera for what it is. I purchase the Mantis...yes it shoots 4K, but come on nobody purchased this thing for $450 thinking it was the next Mavic 2 Pro, Autel Evo, Anafi...These drones cost a ton more than this little gem. It's not sold nor advertised as a videographers drone, but a sport drone with video. If youre not saticfied, you didnt do your homework. I personally think that this drone is super fun to fly, and the video it provides is sufficient to keep me out trouble. If I had wanted movie production quality, this would not have been my drone, I wanted a Ferrari with video capability,,,,I win! this is a pocket rocket with heads up display.

Gonna be honest. I looked at tons of drones, I mean tons. I own a Parrot bebop2 fine little machine, very stable camera for what it is. I purchase the Mantis...yes it shoots 4K, but come on nobody purchased this thing for $450 thinking it was the next Mavic 2 Pro, Autel Evo, Anafi...These drones cost a ton more than this little gem. It's not sold nor advertised as a videographers drone, but a sport drone with video. If youre not saticfied, you didnt do your homework. I personally think that this drone is super fun to fly, and the video it provides is sufficient to keep me out trouble. If I had wanted movie production quality, this would not have been my drone, I wanted a Ferrari with video capability,,,,I win! this is a pocket rocket with heads up display.

One of the few that did their research before purchasing. Good for you and glad you are enjoying your Mantis Q.

Scuttlebutt was the original name was going to be Breeze II, but with the limited range of the Breeze 4K and the WiFi only control of the Breeze, they decided on using a different name.

Have fun Rmack!

Reactions: Rmack

I partially agree with you.
This is nothing more than fun drone, the problem is that they didn't tell that.
I still have the brouchure somwhere at home, but yuneec itself claims it like a good 4k capable drone, but it isn't, barely can shoot in 1080 and only if you have a really smooth thumb. Just bought anafi, becaus it can fly like a mantis q, But Mantis Q cannot shoot like an Anafi... if you know what i mean.
Anafi Came now for 499 €, mantis was same price when i bought it.
Yuneek is still way too much expensive for what you really get. Have also lot of people really disapponted about the spent NOT a little to have a drone uncapable to do what it was supposed to do, not even decently.

Mantis is not bad, jus badly overpriced.

I partially agree with you.
This is nothing more than fun drone, the problem is that they didn't tell that.
I still have the brouchure somwhere at home, but yuneec itself claims it like a good 4k capable drone, but it isn't, barely can shoot in 1080 and only if you have a really smooth thumb. Just bought anafi, becaus it can fly like a mantis q, But Mantis Q cannot shoot like an Anafi... if you know what i mean.
Anafi Came now for 499 €, mantis was same price when i bought it.
Yuneek is still way too much expensive for what you really get. Have also lot of people really disapponted about the spent NOT a little to have a drone uncapable to do what it was supposed to do, not even decently.

Mantis is not bad, jus badly overpriced.
Yeah...I would have to agree. I only had mine for 6 days. Yesterday afternoon while it was in the air the app crashed on my iphone causing the copter to freefall from the sky directly into the lake below. It now sits at the bottom of the lake. Unfortunate. I have to agree, although this drone was very fun to fly, my parrot bebop drone has never failed, and definitely never failed so terribly. I'll miss my drone, and most definitely wont be buying a second. It was a nice drone while it lasted.

Yeah...I would have to agree. I only had mine for 6 days. Yesterday afternoon while it was in the air the app crashed on my iphone causing the copter to freefall from the sky directly into the lake below. It now sits at the bottom of the lake. Unfortunate. I have to agree, although this drone was very fun to fly, my parrot bebop drone has never failed, and definitely never failed so terribly. I'll miss my drone, and most definitely wont be buying a second. It was a nice drone while it lasted.

Not discrediting your claim, but according to the manual when connection is lost with the controller or smart device the Mantis should return to the starting point.

From the User Manual:

RETURN TO HOME

The Return to Home (RTH) function brings the aircraft back to the last recorded Home Point. There are 3 types of RTH:

Smart RTH If the GPS signal is sufficiently strong, Smart RTH can be used to bring the aircraft back to the Home Point. Smart RTH is initiated either by tapping [ RTH] icon in the App or by pressing and holding the RTH button on the remote controller.

Low Battery RTH Tap the Setting icon [Gear] on the top right corner of the screen, and then touch the aircraft icon. Under the “Return to Home (RTH) Settings” option, you can slide the “Low Battery RTH” switch from left to right to activate the Low Battery RTH function.

The RTH function will be triggered when the flight battery is depleted to a point that may affect the safe return of the aircraft.

Failsafe RTH 1. When you are operating the aircraft under GPS mode in the outdoor environment, Failsafe RTH will be automatically activated if the remote control signal is lost for a specified amount of time (3 seconds when using the remote controller and 20 seconds when flying with a smart device). If the signal is re-established after the Failsafe RTH is activated, the aircraft will still perform the Failsafe RTH.

NOTICE: When the RTH mode is activated, the flight path is as follows:

1. If the aircraft is less than 26ft ( 8m ) from the Home Point, it will climb to an altitude vertically first (the altitude is determined by the distance between the aircraft and the Home Point), then fly back at the current height and descend vertically until it lands automatically.

2. If the aircraft is further than 26ft ( 8m ) from the Home Point, and the flight height of the aircraft is lower than the desired altitude, it will climb to the desired altitude vertically first, then fly back at the current height and descend vertically until it lands automatically.

3. If the aircraft is further than 26ft ( 8m ) from the Home Point, and the flight height of the aircraft is higher than the desired altitude, it will fly back at the current height, and then descend vertically until it lands automatically.

Smart RTH and Low Battery RTH can be interrupted in the following four circumstances:

1. Tap [ RTH] icon in the App to interrupt the RTH.

2. Short press the RTH button on the remote controller.

3. Slide the Mode Switch on the remote controller to interrupt the RTH.

4. Short press the right joystick on the remote controller.

Not discrediting your claim, but according to the manual when connection is lost with the controller or smart device the Mantis should return to the starting point.

From the User Manual:

RETURN TO HOME

The Return to Home (RTH) function brings the aircraft back to the last recorded Home Point. There are 3 types of RTH:

Smart RTH If the GPS signal is sufficiently strong, Smart RTH can be used to bring the aircraft back to the Home Point. Smart RTH is initiated either by tapping [ RTH] icon in the App or by pressing and holding the RTH button on the remote controller.

Low Battery RTH Tap the Setting icon [Gear] on the top right corner of the screen, and then touch the aircraft icon. Under the “Return to Home (RTH) Settings” option, you can slide the “Low Battery RTH” switch from left to right to activate the Low Battery RTH function.

The RTH function will be triggered when the flight battery is depleted to a point that may affect the safe return of the aircraft.

Failsafe RTH 1. When you are operating the aircraft under GPS mode in the outdoor environment, Failsafe RTH will be automatically activated if the remote control signal is lost for a specified amount of time (3 seconds when using the remote controller and 20 seconds when flying with a smart device). If the signal is re-established after the Failsafe RTH is activated, the aircraft will still perform the Failsafe RTH.

NOTICE: When the RTH mode is activated, the flight path is as follows:

1. If the aircraft is less than 26ft ( 8m ) from the Home Point, it will climb to an altitude vertically first (the altitude is determined by the distance between the aircraft and the Home Point), then fly back at the current height and descend vertically until it lands automatically.

2. If the aircraft is further than 26ft ( 8m ) from the Home Point, and the flight height of the aircraft is lower than the desired altitude, it will climb to the desired altitude vertically first, then fly back at the current height and descend vertically until it lands automatically.

3. If the aircraft is further than 26ft ( 8m ) from the Home Point, and the flight height of the aircraft is higher than the desired altitude, it will fly back at the current height, and then descend vertically until it lands automatically.

Smart RTH and Low Battery RTH can be interrupted in the following four circumstances:

1. Tap [ RTH] icon in the App to interrupt the RTH.

2. Short press the RTH button on the remote controller.

3. Slide the Mode Switch on the remote controller to interrupt the RTH.

4. Short press the right joystick on the remote controller.
Yeah the app shut down so I lookd up at the drone just in time to see that the motors had shut down completly. It had worked perfectly on my Samsung phone on previous flights, the app never shut down or anything. This was my maiden flight using an iPhone. I was in a bit of shock watching it drop. Like I said, its a nice drone.

Yeah the app shut down so I lookd up at the drone just in time to see that the motors had shut down completly. It had worked perfectly on my Samsung phone on previous flights, the app never shut down or anything. This was my maiden flight using an iPhone. I was in a bit of shock watching it drop. Like I said, its a nice drone.

Here are instructions to get the telemetry from an iOS device. You can then upload them here using the Attach files button.

Here are instructions for iOS. Android should be similar.

For iOS open iTunes on the PC.
Attach iPhone/iPad.
Open File Sharing.
Select Yuneec Pilot.
Select the Flylog folder.
Save to PC.
On PC select the contents of the Flylog folder and create a zip file.

You should also contact Yuneec Customer Support and file a claim for replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan