Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis q won’t connect

Reaction score
My mantis q was about 40 ft away and 10 ft. Off the ground the warning for the battery came on which kicked the RTH mode ... bad bad it shot straight up into the air but as luck would have it 30 ft. Up was a power wire across the road which of course the Q caught then dropped to pavement like a sack of brick the nose piece came off and I repaired the cracked piece with epoxy. I plugged the camera back in and the WiFi does not broadcast any longer. It doesn’t come up on my phone or tablet.. help please

If you are within warranty period report it to Yuneec Customer Support via their website http://yuneec.com/support and choose Speak to a Pro. Try the live chat, but use schedule a call if you can’t get through using live chat.

I suspect the Mainboard that supports the WiFi and camera was damaged in the fall.

Thank you but I bought my drone from a tattoo client of mine who unfortunately didn’t save the receipt, so I already dismantled it . I looked at the main board through a huge magnifyer and I don’t see any breaks, cracks, or any loose components, but that doesnt mean its sound. Is there a way for me to hook up to my iPad or a laptop and run some kind of diagnostic on the board, the WiFi unit and/or any other piece you or anyone would kindly recommend? I am Strapped for cash (my daughter was born on the 1st of Sept.) So I am kind of on my own to get this back up flying...Is it weird to have flying withdrawals? I think I’m an addict.. (chuckle) Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Refer to the color codes on page 21 of the attached User Manual.

Does it show any faults?

Does the Mantis broadcast its SSID and you cannot connect, or it doesn’t show up at all?

The fast flashing blue on the rear says you are not binding.

Are you binding Using the QR code or trying a manual binding?

I think you should try contacting Customer Service to see if they can walk you through some troubleshooting steps. There is a USB type C port on the Mantis Q and the techs may know of a way to check things using that port. They may have a procedure for resetting the aircraft. Get ahold of them and see what they have to say.

We have few that have gotten into the technical side of the Mantis as members of the forum. If the Mantis was half the price it is, I would have gotten one just to be able to help troubleshoot problems with others systems.

Reactions: PapaClutch423
I just received a Mantis Q with this issue. I've tried contact Yuneec NA and UA with no luck. Was there a resolve to this specific issue?

I just received a Mantis Q with this issue. I've tried contact Yuneec NA and UA with no luck. Was there a resolve to this specific issue?
Are you using the Android or the iOS version of Yuneec Pilot?

Make sure you are using a data cable between the USB-A (flat rectangular) connector on the Remote and the phone.

Check the list in the phone’s WiFi settings for an SSID Mantis_xxxxxx, where the x’s match the MAC address on the label with the QR code.

You will not get help from Yuneec as the Mantis series is legacy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers