Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mantis Q questions

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm looking to get a Mantis Q. Does it have a Flightplan or waypoint feature where I can preplan a flight path with items to focus on, then turn it on and have it fly the path?

Also, are the motors brushed or brushless?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome. The MantisQ has brushless motors. As far as programming a flight path, I don't believe it does. It has some basic automated features like orbit, follow me, and selfie mode. I've only had mine about a month and I usually fly it myself, I'm not one that is fond of automated stuff. So far my only complaint is landing the mantis in the wind. It sits so low on its landing feet that I worry about the props hitting the ground on occasion.

Hey everyone. I'm looking to get a Mantis Q. Does it have a Flightplan or waypoint feature where I can preplan a flight path with items to focus on, then turn it on and have it fly the path?

Also, are the motors brushed or brushless?

Thanks!

You can use Q Ground Control ( QGC - QGroundControl - Drone Control )

You'll need a laptop with 5 GHz Wifi (built-in or get an USB Wifi)

Connect laptop to Mantis Q Wifi AP ( Mantis_xxxxxx) and QGC will discover and connect.

Configure Video Stream to rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live

If your Mission takes the Mantis Q too far, it will lose control signal and will come back home.

Reactions: DoomMeister
You can use Q Ground Control ( QGC - QGroundControl - Drone Control )

You'll need a laptop with 5 GHz Wifi (built-in or get an USB Wifi)

Connect laptop to Mantis Q Wifi AP ( Mantis_xxxxxx) and QGC will discover and connect.

Configure Video Stream to rtsp://192.168.42.1:554/live

If your Mission takes the Mantis Q too far, it will lose control signal and will come back home.
Quick Questoin. Is there anything else you need to do to get the drone set up? I just got one of the Mantis Gs for a project and am wanting to fly automated missions with QGC but I don't really know where to start. I can get the drone to connect to QGC take pictures and video but flying it is another matter. I am very new to both the Mantis line of drones and QGC any help would be appreciated.

You can actually do a Waypoint mission from inside the YuneecPilot app now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss