Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

modifications to counter the overheating problems

Reaction score
Hi all, got my own Breeze only yesterday and have not flown it yet. But I have already experienced the problem of (not) re-connecting after she had been switched on for a while...
Many posters here suspect overheating problems to be behind that, and someone even attributed video jitter to heat build up during flying.
I wonder whether anyone has ever tried to mod the Breeze to help with ventilation. Specifically, drilling additional vents into the shell/canopy could be an obvious measure, at least for improving the cooling in flight?
A web search has not found me any examples of that, surprisingly.
What are your thoughts? Thanks!

My first Breeze would only be able to fly with the first battery most of the time. I would land, swap the battery, then be unable to take off because of the overheating disabling the craft. Once it cooled down I could make another flight. It was replaced under warranty.

I have three batteries now and can fly consecutive flights with no problem with the replacement Breeze.

If I am connected to download several videos, I will use a small fan to pass air across the Breeze and that seems to help.

Thanks for the update. I have flown my bird today with two packs in sequence, and indeed had no problem getting reconnected after switching to the second one. No real pause between packs, but the air temp was also not warm. Still, if the problem has been mostly fixed, there is obviously no real need to bother.

When you are able to fly, land, swap batteries, and fly again right away your Breeze does not have the overheating problem that my first one did. When I called Yuneec CS about it, they were aware of the problem and I was given a RMA for it right away. They would not say what the problem was, but I can make a pretty good guess that there was poor thermal bonding between components and the large heatsink in the Breeze.

I have two Breeze 4k"s and both are under thirty days old.
My oldest one now experiences a non startup with a different tone with flashing red when powered up with second battery.
It refuses to fly and the shows no satellites. I took a temperature inside the battery compartment and it was over 100 degrees.
Should I return it back to WalMart? or contact Yuneec direct via their chat line?
I believe this started after downloading files while powered up and connected to my computer. I used the app to clear the internal memory,
but did notice it was very warm after doing this.
Any ideas will help, as it will fly the next day just fine.
So far, the second one does not show any problems.
I fly with the controller, and use a Samsung Gallaxy S5 phone.

If you get the initialization error on the second battery on a fairly consistent basis, then that unit is faulty. If you are within the return window with Walmart take it in for exchange or refund, otherwise contact Yuneec support for repair/replacement.

OK, will try Walmart first as only have 22 days on the first one. I had to return the one before because when I opened the box the glass was broken underneath and was a factory sealed package.
Thanks
JRM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daps20