Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MULTISPECTRAL CAM FOR H520

I need to instal a mulltispectral cam on H520.
Is there someone who can help me ?
HI Paolo,

There are mounting kits for both Parrot Sequoia and Micasense RedEdge available in Poland. Both are 3d prints and enable mounting the cameras and sunshine sensors to h520. Yet to set the cameras (triggering) one needs to use their Wi-Fi interface.

If this is what you are after and you need further details please shout.

Hope i helped,
Pawel

HI Paolo,

There are mounting kits for both Parrot Sequoia and Micasense RedEdge available in Poland. Both are 3d prints and enable mounting the cameras and sunshine sensors to h520. Yet to set the cameras (triggering) one needs to use their Wi-Fi interface.

If this is what you are after and you need further details please shout.

Hope i helped,
Pawel
HI, here it is how the setup for Parrot Sq looks like :Screenshot_20191007_205130_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg

Paolo,

So you have a choice. Depending on your budget and urgency you could probably choose among: Parrot Sq, Micasense sensors e.g. Rededge or wait for Yuneec to launch their 6 band multispectral camera and mount.
Having seen what they showed case in Studgard last month they are probably working on a new multispectral system for h520. Yet we have no details about timing and costs.
As of today Sequoia and RedEdge are available. Neither of them is fully integrated with h520 and in order to operate them you would need to set them separately from a tablet via cameras Wi-Fi.

I am afraid though that according to the description - leaflet by Yuneec new 6 band camera will be operated by an app what I read as it will not be set through Datapilot.

Some more info is available in another thread. Look for: will H520 catch up with competitors...
Regards,
Pawel

Hi guys, I am new on this ... What is multi-spectrum ? Is that also thermal ?

Hi,

Thermal is a part of IR spectrum of light but it covers longer wavelengths exceeding 1000 nm than those captured by multispectral cameras (below 1000, normally somewhere around 800 and 900-is nm). Multispectral cameras are, in most cases, equipped also in visible lenses/sensors to capture RGB or two of them e.g. RG. These combined with invisible bands of IR like NIR and Red Edge allow for calculating numerous vegetation indices offering insights in plants' health, vigor, biomass, stress, maturity, water and chlorophyll content etc. As for thermal cameras they are said to be helpful in checking irrigation of fields mostly and some other issues.

Hope to be helpful.
Regards,
Pawel

I have no camera, I'm looking for solutions ?
HI Paolo,

Please see parts of the SQ mounting kit for h520. Powering of the camera comes from a power bank (black item in the picture). Total weight of the items pictured here is around 350 g including the power bank. So the total load for the bird to carry is somewhere in a range of 500 g including the SQ.

As said the system does not integrate the camera to h520 and DataPilot.

Yet it works. A workflow is a bit demanding but still we can eventually fly multispectral sensor with h520.

FYI-there is a similar system for Micasense RedEdge.

Hope to hear your comments.

Br,
PawelIMG_20191014_142630.jpg

Hi Dear Pilots,

Have been doing multiple multispectral missions recently (still a few more to go) and got a bit tired of mounting multispectral camera and taking it off prior and after each flight. It is OK when one flies 1 mission once upon a time or several of them from one starting point. A problem causes a headache when there is a need to relocate every flight during one day what is my case. Being fed up with that I have invented a new housing for h520+SQ.
I am curious how it works ..... Will see tomorrow.
It is not a finished project though. Still need to make habitation for RC with a giant 4Hawks Raptor XR.

regards,
Pawel

Attachments

• 20200703_134154.jpg
    20200703_134154.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
  • 20200703_134218.jpg
    20200703_134218.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 20200703_134232.jpg
    20200703_134232.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 33
  • 20200703_134237.jpg
    20200703_134237.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: arruntus
Hi Dear Pilots,

Have been doing multiple multispectral missions recently (still a few more to go) and got a bit tired of mounting multispectral camera and taking it off prior and after each flight. It is OK when one flies 1 mission once upon a time or several of them from one starting point. A problem causes a headache when there is a need to relocate every flight during one day what is my case. Being fed up with that I have invented a new housing for h520+SQ.
I am curious how it works ..... Will see tomorrow.
It is not a finished project though. Still need to make habitation for RC with a giant 4Hawks Raptor XR.

regards,
Pawel

I wouldn't mind seeing how you got it all set up and running ;)

I wouldn't mind seeing how you got it all set up and running ;)
So far so good. The new case/box housing pretty much ready to go bird (need to mount props and a battery only befor ea fight) saves quite a bit of preparatory and post-flight time. My guess would be 40-50 minutes which is a lot. I was flying 6 missions the otherday last week and same load two or so weeks ago and it was like a nightmare to spend that much time each time h520+multispec was 10-15 minutes in the air.

This is a big improvement for me what i got proved yesterday when i flew 2 missions and had to relocate fro one site to the other 1,5 hour drive apart.

Regards,
Pawel

[QUOTE = "Paw, post: 203095, member: 16297"]
Paolo,

Quindi hai una scelta. A seconda del budget e dell'urgenza, potresti probabilmente scegliere tra: Parrot Sq, sensori Micasense, ad esempio Rededge o attendere che Yuneec lanci la sua videocamera multispettrale a 6 bande e il suo supporto.
Avendo visto quello che hanno mostrato caso su Studgard il mese scorso, probabilmente stanno lavorando a un nuovo sistema multispettrale per h520. Tuttavia non abbiamo dettagli su tempi e costi.
Ad oggi sono disponibili Sequoia e RedEdge. Nessuno dei due è completamente integrato con h520 e per gestirli è necessario impostarli separatamente da un tablet tramite telecamere Wi-Fi.

Temo però che secondo la descrizione - il volantino di Yuneec la nuova fotocamera a 6 bande sarà gestita da un'app che ho letto in quanto non verrà impostata tramite Datapilot.

Alcune ulteriori informazioni sono disponibili in un'altra discussione. Cerca: H520 raggiungerà i concorrenti ...
Saluti,
Paolo
[/CITAZIONE]
Grazie ZAMPA, indicazioni molto interessanti, dovrò valutare il costo di tutte le attrezzature, tuttavia grazie per il consiglio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone