Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

My first

@johnnyb57
My one criticism of your video is that it's too long. A shorter video is more likely to be watched to the end than something over 6 minutes long. By the nature of aerial video, anything much more than a couple of minutes long will introduce repetition and thus will be a turn off to some of your viewers. You gotta learn to be ruthless in your editing: Cut out repetition, cut out sudden moves, and tell your story succinctly. That way, a two minute video will be far more entertaining to your audience. The bonus to that is that 2 minute (or there abouts) pieces of continuous royalty free music are far more obtainable than 6 minutes. Another bonus is that your audience are far more likely to search for more of your videos. Build your audience...don't turn them off.

One other note. If that were me flying there, I don't think I would have flown so close to those people. I have no idea whether they were under your control. I once saw a drone crash video on YouTube where a pilot flew low over some people and a person threw up a plastic bottle causing the drone to crash. Quite apart from the legalities of the issue, you can't predict what members of the public may do if they see a drone within throwing range. To some, bringing down a drone will be just a good laugh. Just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldcaptainrusty
@johnnyb57
My one criticism of your video is that it's too long. A shorter video is more likely to be watched to the end than something over 6 minutes long. By the nature of aerial video, anything much more than a couple of minutes long will introduce repetition and thus will be a turn off to some of your viewers. You gotta learn to be ruthless in your editing: Cut out repetition, cut out sudden moves, and tell your story succinctly. That way, a two minute video will be far more entertaining to your audience. The bonus to that is that 2 minute (or there abouts) pieces of continuous royalty free music are far more obtainable than 6 minutes. Another bonus is that your audience are far more likely to search for more of your videos. Build your audience...don't turn them off.

One other note. If that were me flying there, I don't think I would have flown so close to those people. I have no idea whether they were under your control. I once saw a drone crash video on YouTube where a pilot flew low over some people and a person threw up a plastic bottle causing the drone to crash. Quite apart from the legalities of the issue, you can't predict what members of the public may do if they see a drone within throwing range. To some, bringing down a drone will be just a good laugh. Just saying.
Thanx, it was my grandaughters birthday party never got close, it was in 2x also didnt realize it was that long until I finished the edit but I went with it anyway ? I like to think one has to make all the mistakes in the begining to learn to excel ?

Thanx, it was my grandaughters birthday party never got close, it was in 2x also didnt realize it was that long until I finished the edit but I went with it anyway ? I like to think one has to make all the mistakes in the begining to learn to excel ?
After a good few years of editing aerial video I'm still not perfect. Still learning. Still finding new tricks. Still making mistakes. Still persevering. One day I may even produce a good video! But one thing I have learned is the importance of keeping things compact.

Keep at it, grasshopper, and may the Force not go against you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval