Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need Firmware Version That Removes 8,000-Foot Operational Elevation Limit

If you install the update to remove the 8000-foot ceiling, do you also need to upgrade the ST10? I have my property up at 9000 feet in Hartsel
You should be aware the 8000' limit was selected because the aircraft becomes less stable at higher altitudes and the flight characteristics change. It will have less lift which means it may lose altitude as you increase speed. It is also much more sensitive to wind and may not hold station keeping as wind increases. You should plan on shorter flight times, avoid wind over 10 mph, and fly slower until you have a feel for how it will handle.

Reactions: Pier2162
You should be aware the 8000' limit was selected because the aircraft becomes less stable at higher altitudes and the flight characteristics change. It will have less lift which means it may lose altitude as you increase speed. It is also much more sensitive to wind and may not hold station keeping as wind increases. You should plan on shorter flight times, avoid wind over 10 mph, and fly slower until you have a feel for how it will handle.
Thank you, I was going to fly at that altitude for a very short flight to get a shot of my property and a shot of my Grandsons favorite lake. Once of course I can figure this thing out

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430