Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need some advice about a weird E90 camera experience today????

slw74

Part 107 certificate
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Take a look at this file. It was shot in 4K, but I downloaded it to a lower resolution. I was doing a "prep" flight for an upcoming survey with one of my H520's. I just wanted to be sure there were no obstacles at the 60 meter survey altitude. Flying in angle mode, I was taking video and everything seemed fine. The camera did some strange things while over the site that I have not seen before. The drone was flying normally under stable control. Neither the H520 nor the E90 has every been subjected to any damage...not even a hard landing. After this crazy behavior, the camera was fine on subsquent flights....but what was going on? I would appreciate any input on the issue. I have other E90 and C23 cameras which I will use next time, but what happened?
Thanks,
Stephen

H520 and E90 flight video

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
I suspect the camera may have been struck by a small bird. I have had a similar experience when I backed into a small branch. Once I landed, powered down, and powered up everything was fine.

I agree with DoomMeister. It looks very much like a bird strike. The flight log might show a sudden pitch and roll of the aircraft at that moment.

Reactions: WTFDproject
May be it's not the case...i had similar behavior on another camera installed onto a non-yuneec drone, the reason was a bad contact on the connector to the drone. Some contact cleaner solved the problem.

Thanks for the advice. Sometimes the simple things are the answer. I cleaned the contacts for good measure, but they looked OK.

I took a look at the flight log. There weren't any sudden events, just that I stopped and returned when the screen image went weird. If the weather holds up today, I'll try again.

I took a look at the flight log. There weren't any sudden events, just that I stopped and returned when the screen image went weird. If the weather holds up today, I'll try again.
@Pier2162 makes a good point. It may be just a one time anomaly. If the aircraft remains stable, the camera is either erratic or only the camera was hit.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook