Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

!!!!New 2.4 ghz antenna to boost telemetry!!!!

Reaction score
WARNING! this mod is not for the faint of heart and you must take extreme caution when opening your Typhoon H.

MOD WILL VOID WARRANTY.

PROCEED AT OWN RISK.

This mod will boost telemetry by at least double and also extend the range of your H (even farther if you have a aftermarket antenna with this mod.)

Fly responsibly and follow all FAA regulations.

WARNING! this mod is not for the faint of heart and you must take extreme caution when opening your Typhoon H.

MOD WILL VOID WARRANTY.

PROCEED AT OWN RISK.

This mod will boost telemetry by at least double and also extend the range of your H (even farther if you have a aftermarket antenna with this mod.)

Fly responsibly and follow all FAA regulations.

already posted

Waste of time,just get a DBS and your good to go 5000ft plus,if you need to. Easily swap out between stock anttennas,in a couple minutes and no warranty worries.If your out beyond the range of the DBS, your probably not coming back.Put a Marco-polo r/c locater on and you have the complete long range package.skip those fantasy mods,and get something tried,true,and tested.

Waste of time,just get a DBS and your good to go 5000ft plus,if you need to. Easily swap out between stock anttennas,in a couple minutes and no warranty worries.If your out beyond the range of the DBS, your probably not coming back.Put a Marco-polo r/c locater on and you have the complete long range package.skip those fantasy mods,and get something tried,true,and tested.
I have a DBS and telemetry only goes so far... way less than the range of the H... that is what this mod is about... telemetry, not Flight distance. love my DBS does a fantastic job... just hate setting it up every time.

I have a DBS and telemetry only goes so far... way less than the range of the H... that is what this mod is about... telemetry, not Flight distance. love my DBS does a fantastic job... just hate setting it up every time.
You must be doing something wrong, I have only been a ways out past 5000 ft and have a full screen,never a glitch. A lot of others to, bummer.I just modified my foam insert so my DBS is always on.

Am I the only one that looks at that and thinks that it is bad to have antenna hanging down in my video shot? i:)i

Reactions: vidwiz
screw on patch antennas seem to be the new thing to mod range but i know nothing about where to start. Does anyone have any more information?

Am I the only one that looks at that and thinks that it is bad to have antenna hanging down in my video shot? i:)i
Ya, see I was looking at that as well and it looks like the antennas tips stop right before the frame of view... not too sure though... I'm sure if you panned upward beyond 90° of the gimbal than yes most definitely you would see the antennas. For normal flight and video I'm pretty sure you would be in the clear.

If you can still see your typhoon H in the sky at 9000 feet you have far better eyes than I do. Keep in mind people line of sight unless you're specifically licensed to do otherwise.

Line of Sight in the UK is defined as 500m (1640 feet).
My eyes aren't perfect these days. I've only had two flights with the H so far because of weather and other stuff so the furthest I've flown it so far is about 500 ft. However, using my other two drones which are Phantoms, I've flown no more than 1200ft in the 18 months I've had them because any further I'd have lost sight. With the H being bigger and blacker I expect that I may get further and keep LOS but, so far, I've no desire to try it just yet.

I'm just wondering if the longer antennas will prevent the uninterrupted 360 camera view...

Was consistently losing telemetry when yawing the H, even brief (10 second) loss of control signal at distance. now with mods to H and ST16 not so much; happy camper.

Just a heads up for you. The 4 antennas in the ST16 are actually 3 x 2.4ghz and 1 x 5.8ghz. Wi-Fi uses 2.4 and 5.8, control is a pair of 2.4.

Radio Controller RF Exposure Info Yuneec Technology Co., Limited

Reactions: Firman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval