Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New battery and charger

Reaction score
hello
I have used the two 5400 mah batteries that came with the typhoon q500 4K quad copter. I bought this unit brand new from Yuneec and I have used the batteries so much that I am only getting about 7-9 minutes of flight time. I never got the 25 minutes they advertised but I got a solid 18-20. I guess they are just old and used. Does anyone recommend another battery that has more amps than the stock 5400? I am looking to see what people are using for batteries and the battery charger. Thanks a lot and happy flying!!!!! Drone Boy

hello
I have used the two 5400 mah batteries that came with the typhoon q500 4K quad copter. I bought this unit brand new from Yuneec and I have used the batteries so much that I am only getting about 7-9 minutes of flight time. I never got the 25 minutes they advertised but I got a solid 18-20. I guess they are just old and used. Does anyone recommend another battery that has more amps than the stock 5400? I am looking to see what people are using for batteries and the battery charger. Thanks a lot and happy flying!!!!! Drone Boy
I bought a Venom battery and charger...the battery is 6000mAh and the charger is a Pro Duo...12-18DCV or 120AC...charge 2 batteries at the same time and the batteries don't have to be the same makeup...it's great for charging but the discharge rate is snail pace

I bought a Venom battery and charger...the battery is 6000mAh and the charger is a Pro Duo...12-18DCV or 120AC...charge 2 batteries at the same time and the batteries don't have to be the same makeup...it's great for charging but the discharge rate is snail pace
Thank you very much. I will check those out right now. I appreciate it.

hello
What do you mean by"Used so Much" ? a lipo can be charged and recharged and used well over 300 times and still be @ 90%. There must be something wrong with either the batteries or the charge methods. Do you after 20 charges take the battery down to 8% and then recharge? Lipo manufacturers recommend this to extend life and retain full charges! Also never fly without 100% charge and don't fly down below 20% each flight. Also if stored for more than 2 weeks drain it down to 50%.
I am not saying you are not doing these things, just a suggestion from studying Lipo's!

Got a question for yall..i bought a used q500 typhoon from a friend and he leaves the battery in his drone while sitting up..is this ok..or should i take it out

I just bought 2 new GIFI 7500MaH batteries from Carolina Dronz. With what limited flying I've been able to do since I got them Friday I seem to have been able to stay up longer. But I have not timed them yet. My two stock batteries it came with were always, and still are good for 15 to 20 min. I learned a lesson the hard way trying to fly 25 to 30 mins. the dealer claimed it would last. I also just bought a HiTec X2 charger. Learn as much as you can about the batteries and charging. It will pay off.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch
What do you mean by"Used so Much" ? a lipo can be charged and recharged and used well over 300 times and still be @ 90%. There must be something wrong with either the batteries or the charge methods. Do you after 20 charges take the battery down to 8% and then recharge? Lipo manufacturers recommend this to extend life and retain full charges! Also never fly without 100% charge and don't fly down below 20% each flight. Also if stored for more than 2 weeks drain it down to 50%.
I am not saying you are not doing these things, just a suggestion from studying Lipo's!
DroneClone
Thanks for writing back. I have the 2 stock batteries one is labeled 1 and the other is 2 battery 1 has been fully charged and flown till I get the low voltage warning indicator comes on when I am flying the quad and then I land it and charge it 126 times. So I guess I have got 126 full cycles out of the battery and then battery 2 has had 124 full cycles. When I get done flying the drone I charge both batteries and put them away till the next time I fly it. I never go a long period without flying it. Maybe 4 days has been the most. I am not a lipo expert but just recently with both batteries I am only getting 7-9 minutes of flight. I have the stock charger and I charge the batteries till i get the solid green light and then I charge the next one. I bought another brand new stock charger on ebay.I want to see if that is the problem, but the more I think about it I am getting the green light each time after about 95 minutes of charging. Could it be the batteries? I have no idea.

Sounds like the batteries have gone into retirement!, after a full charge, can you go into your controller and see what the voltage of "all" 4 cells are? They should all be the same, If not you have got a bad cell, or two and time to hire a new worker! LOL!

Sounds like the batteries have gone into retirement!, after a full charge, can you go into your controller and see what the voltage of "all" 4 cells are? They should all be the same, If not you have got a bad cell, or two and time to hire a new worker! LOL!
Droneclone
How do I go into my controller and find the voltage of all the cells are? Do you think both batteries died at the same time? They have both been used the same give or take a cycle or two.

I just took both batteries off the charger and they say they are both solid green. What do I do to the controller to see what the voltage is in all cells are. The battery says its a 3 cell. I appreciate the help, I really do. Droneboy

I just took both batteries off the charger and they say they are both solid green. What do I do to the controller to see what the voltage is in all cells are. The battery says its a 3 cell. I appreciate the help, I really do. Droneboy
I am new to Yuneec's, but in the DJI's , in your controller, it should have a "Battery Information" tab to click on to check each cell, maybe someone on the forum more Yuneec savvy can tell you if and where it is, I am waiting for my H, If I had it, I could look and tell ya! LOL ! by the way DJI are 4 cell, nice to know Yuneec has three!

Can you send me a picture of the charger to charge both q500 batteries that you have please
This is the Charger.
395_1_X2ACPlus_copy.jpg

I use the HiTec X4, it will charge four at a time, each charge guage has four buttons labelled Batt Type; Dec.; Inc. and Start. Alternate labels during charging are Stop, Status and Enter.

Pressing the Inc button during charging changes the display to show the individual cell voltages.

I heed the advise concerning knew batteries that recommends the 10 x 10 rule ...... First ten uses only use for ten minutes.

Supposed to break the battery in and build "stamina" so to speak.

Extends the battery life.

good advice. but how do i know when the battery pack is at 8%,20%, and 50%? does the handheld controller have information about the battery? or do i use one of those lipo voltage checker?

Unfortunately for now the H and ST voltage shown is the only indicator now, fully charge your H batteries will be about 16.7 v and we have more or less decided a safe voltage to land at is about 14.8 v. do not fly down batteries below 20% ever as you will lose life expectancy, Here is a chart for lipo's, The H battery is a 4 cell so look at the 4S cell indications !:
lipoly-voltage-vs-state-of-charge-2s-6s-packs-jpg.627

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval