Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

new charger dy5 for h520

Reaction score
yuneec in Europe looks like they are releasing a dual charger for the h520 and h480 plus with voltage readouts and battery storage as well. now just need it to come to the usa. I must get my hands on min of 2 of them.

just tried to place a order and got this
We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.
looks like I am out of luck being in the US.

update from yuneec Europe. they contacted their usa counterparts good news finally st16s battery will be for sell on about 2 weeks and dy5 should be for sell late march to early may for the usa side.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I talked to Venom last week and they are going to be making some for the H520.
Would be cool! A real charging workhorse...
I have the Yuneec A10 charger with 2 tailored cables and since 26th of February also the DY5 charger. They both do their job and the DY5 is as easy to use as the DY3 for the H480.
The A10 charger is able to be powered by DC currents ranging from 11 to 20 V though. So it could be supplied via a car battery.
I am planning some special builds to be made for my SUV (inside storage shelf and maybe a roofbox). I will ask the guys from the special parts shop what they would propose for connecting the A10 to the car's DC circuit in order to dual-charge H520 batteries (with and without engine running)...

Due to the lack lustre sales of the H520 worldwide. The aftermarket balance leads that we being developed were temporarily out on hold... Until the H Plus battery was confirmed to be the same. Then it was full steam ahead again.

So end of this week or next week USA Carolina Dronz will get the shipment. Then me in Australia Mountain View Enterprises and Europe Copper.EU will get ours.

Yay

Reactions: arruntus and PatR
What will soon become necessary is a means to adapt other batteries to the H480, 520, and H Plus proprietary connection methods. As makers phase out products or sales decrease to a certain level they cease making more batteries for them. After market battery manufacturers discontinue alternative batteries as they see their sales decline. About a year after that perfectly good aircraft end up sitting on a shelf because the owners can no longer find batteries to fly them. They may have been happy with what they had but have to buy a new system if they want to continue flying. This has already happened to owners of the Yuneec-Blade Chroma while 920 owners were able to find standard battery products that could replace the rapidly deteriorating batteries Yuneec was providing. Owners of the P2 are facing a similar quandary.

Yuneec is not the only maker doing this but their battery designs do make it easier to replace than one other maker. Charge adapters are a short term solution for a slow charging process. The means to adapt different batteries would be a long term solution to an intentional obsolescence problem.

Last edited:
At least the new updated battery moved to as more positive version.
The pogo pins where bad. They would stick in sometimes as well as not giving a great contact.
While the new design with all spade terminals is great. A good change for the better.

But still the leads are a better idea than the fixed charger.
You can after all use you H480 batteries in your H520, therefore you need two different pin configurations.

The solution to adapt a conventional battery is exactly the same as for the H480 batteries since only the main contacts are connected to the drone and in that case, both batteries are the same, so you can use the old ones in the H520.

Reactions: Haydn
venom power is now in the game there charger h520 is in full production to be released to dealers in late June to July this year

I ordered the new dual charger today from usyuneec. I had tried to order one from Europe and UK previously, but to no avail. The dual along with the single charger that came with the drone will keep me in the air with 4 batteries for most of the work I am currently doing. Now all I need is the controller battery, which I also ordered today, but was on back order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval