Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New damaged battery

Reaction score
I have a Q500 4k. I bought 2 new aftermarket batteries, and both read as damaged on an aftermarket charger, but my old original yuneec battery is fine and charges. There is about half charge in the new batteries and holding. Could they be out of balance, and how would I balance them? I can fly the drone with the power that is still in them. I moved and left the factory charger behind, that charger charged an aftermarket battery (GI-FI) that I bought just fine. Pictured is of the new batteries I just bought.

Attachments

• DSC_0039.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 22
Does your aftermarket charger allow you to measure the individual cell voltages?

You can also use a multimeter set to DC volts and measure the cell voltages at the balance lead connector on the battery. Usually if a cell is less than 3.5V, then the balance charger will fault out. They are all a bit different.

Report the cell voltages you get on the new batteries.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Can you tell us date batteries where purchased,from,,etc. Warranty from seller,,,did you contact seller. A return or replacement ,,at least communication from seller may help you solve any problems or get rid of any headaches. Unfortunately there are some that sell defective merchandise. Hope you can resolve with seller. also what kind of aftermarket charger. Details may help. KC

Reactions: Pier2162
should I try to run the drone and discharge them more??
No!

Most likely one cell is too low so the charger is rejecting it for charging. Discharging it more will only make matters worse.

You need to measure the cell voltages and report them here. Once you do that we can recommend a course of action.

I have a Q500 4k. I bought 2 new aftermarket batteries, and both read as damaged on an aftermarket charger, but my old original yuneec battery is fine and charges. There is about half charge in the new batteries and holding. Could they be out of balance, and how would I balance them? I can fly the drone with the power that is still in them. I moved and left the factory charger behind, that charger charged an aftermarket battery (GI-FI) that I bought just fine. Pictured is of the new batteries I just bought.
I had the same issue and found that I had to modify the charger to fit better with the battery terminals and that solved the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval