Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New (Feb 2020) Michigan UAV case decision

Unless I read the chronological history wrong, it looks as if the veto was overturned then the new regulation was filed with the Secretary of State. Thus meaning that Kentucky is usurping federal control of airspace around airports in Kentucky as far as sUAS are concerned.

Yes it's hard to tell what happened. It looks useless as written and redundant at that.

Last time I checked the KY gov website regarding UAS it basically said "see FAA" so at least on there it makes sense.

Governor Bevin's reply to HB 540: House Bill 540 deals with regulation of drones. Bevin called this “a well-intentioned, but premature piece of legislation that is preempted by federal law. Substantial air safety issues are raised when state or local governments attempt to regulate the operation or flight of aircraft.” Bevin called the bill an “unnecessary and overly restrictive” measure that “sends the wrong message to a growth industry with tremendous potential in the commonwealth.”

In other words... It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ here in KY.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Governor Bevin's reply to HB 540: House Bill 540 deals with regulation of drones. Bevin called this “a well-intentioned, but premature piece of legislation that is preempted by federal law. Substantial air safety issues are raised when state or local governments attempt to regulate the operation or flight of aircraft.” Bevin called the bill an “unnecessary and overly restrictive” measure that “sends the wrong message to a growth industry with tremendous potential in the commonwealth.”

In other words... It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ here in KY.
So did the veto stand or was it overruled by state congress?

So did the veto stand or was it overruled by state congress?
From what I am reading, they overruled his veto. But the Federal Law overrides any laws KY makes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval