Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New to Yuneec

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to yuneec but not new to RC's nor drones. I recently got a Q500 1080p for 100 bucks. I knew the batteries were shot but I didn't think the replacements would be so expensive. I'm opting for 3rd party batteries, already made a adapter for my batteries. But I usually fly 2200mah and smaller for my other aircraft. So what would you all suggest as the most power dense battery that will fit in the space provided, or what is the biggest battery I can strap to the outside to achieve the best balance of power to weight to attain longer flight times? And this may be crazy, but has anyone upgraded this quad to a 4s system? I assume all it would take is new motors, ESC's and a BEC for the power to the flight board, but would love to know if anyone has done this.

I recommend the batteries from GIFI Power.
With good care, they last a very long time.... 2-3 years.
Flight time depending on capacity: 17 - 23 minutes.

A conversion is not worth it in my opinion.
There are about 100 screws to solve and a lot of soldering.
In addition, you have no way to control the new ESC for the 4S Lipos, with the Yuneec flight controller.

Best regards,
Enrico

I recommend the batteries from GIFI Power.
With good care, they last a very long time.... 2-3 years.
Flight time depending on capacity: 17 - 23 minutes.

A conversion is not worth it in my opinion.
There are about 100 screws to solve and a lot of soldering.
In addition, you have no way to control the new ESC for the 4S Lipos, with the Yuneec flight controller.

Best regards,
Enrico
Thanks for the reply. I have looked into the GiFi batteries but for the price I can buy about 2 standard 6000mah 3s batteries. As for the 4s modification, the work taking it apart and putting in new components is not that hard for me as I have built my own racing quads in the past. But the communication from flight board to ESC is the question I was wondering about. I was thinking that the ESC and motor from the H may work. But as I was saying previously I know it may be crazy but I think with a 4s system on this quad you may be able to achieve 30 minute flight times.

I don't believe that it makes sense to upgrade to 4S for the Q500. Those RTF drones are closed systems, the components are well matched. We do not have specifications of the interfaces.
Typhoon H has no seperate ESCs. All 6 are together on the mainboard which will not fit into the Q500 body.

br HE

I don't believe that it makes sense to upgrade to 4S for the Q500. Those RTF drones are closed systems, the components are well matched. We do not have specifications of the interfaces.
Typhoon H has no seperate ESCs. All 6 are together on the mainboard which will not fit into the Q500 body.

br HE
****, I didn't think they would be integrated ESC's. **** proprietary technology! It's clearly not worth it to upgrade to 4s, I would essentially be building a whole new drone under the Yuneec frame. So I guess I'm down to finding the best balance of battery weight to power density to achieve my longer flight times.

That is the difference between RTF systems and home build. Most RTF systems do not allow access into the parameters to adjust PID like you have in a home built system. Thus changing system voltage, ESC’s, motors, and props becomes an exercise in futility.

That is the difference between RTF systems and home build. Most RTF systems do not allow access into the parameters to adjust PID like you have in a home built system. Thus changing system voltage, ESC’s, motors, and props becomes an exercise in futility.
**** proprietary tech..... Thanks to everyone who has responded

**** proprietary tech..... Thanks to everyone who has responded
DJI, Autel, Skydio, Parrot, Yuneec is not alone in that department and I seriously doubt that anyone would start a drone building business as an open source system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval