Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Year's Eve over Bishop's Park

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
As title.
A couple of flights near to Bishop's Park monument near to Grains Bar, Oldham U.K. on a quite cold and windy day. Just two flights since I was feeling too cold after the second battery so I called it a day and went home to warm up.

Shot at 4K 30fps

As title.
A couple of flights near to Bishop's Park monument near to Grains Bar, Oldham U.K. on a quite cold and windy day. Just two flights since I was feeling too cold after the second battery so I called it a day and went home to warm up.

Shot at 4K 30fps

How windy was it? Got a gust of wind yesterday which made the gimbal go crazy for a few seconds, recovered, but it was pretty gusty, and went high to stay clear of a buzzard which decided to fly into my path. It was cold I could barely unscrew the 4 hawks after an hour of flying, my hands were cold!

How windy was it? Got a gust of wind yesterday which made the gimbal go crazy for a few seconds, recovered, but it was pretty gusty, and went high to stay clear of a buzzard which decided to fly into my path. It was cold I could barely unscrew the 4 hawks after an hour of flying, my hands were cold!
Approaching 20MPH at the ridge where I was standing and took off from. Shortly after take off I could see the H leaning heavily in to the wind but as you can see from the video, you wouldn't think it was so windy...the video is so stable.

I call it a lazy wind: Instead of going around you it just blows straight through you. I could only manage two batteries before I got too cold: Batteries 7 and 8, my two newest batteries. Not the best flying times but that was because of the cold and wind. Battery 8 I was in the air for something like 14 minutes or so, and battery 7 (the Giffy) about the same (I could be more precise but I can't be arsed to open up my log book).

This was my first flight since November 29th. The weather and other commitments have conspired against me.

Edit to say that I had another battery with me but didn't use it and have now discharged it to storage.

Last edited:
Approaching 20MPH at the ridge where I was standing and took off from. Shortly after take off I could see the H leaning heavily in to the wind but as you can see from the video, you wouldn't think it was so windy...the video is so stable.

I call it a lazy wind: Instead of going around you it just blows straight through you. I could only manage two batteries before I got too cold: Batteries 7 and 8, my two newest batteries. Not the best flying times but that was because of the cold and wind. Battery 8 I was in the air for something like 14 minutes or so, and battery 7 (the Giffy) about the same (I could be more precise but I can't be arsed to open up my log book).

This was my first flight since November 29th. The weather and other commitments have conspired against me.

Edit to say that I had another battery with me but didn't use it and have now discharged it to storage.
It's amazing the lean to compensate for the conditions, the is very stable, you only know when you see the trees blowing!

It's amazing the lean to compensate for the conditions, the is very stable, you only know when you see the trees blowing!
I watched another video done at the same place shot just the day before the one above and in very similar conditions and the pilot was using a Phantom 3. I can see a stark contrast between my video and his: He was obviously having difficulties in his flight and the video was no-where as stable as mine. It is true that the H (and it's gimbal) is exceptional in the wind: my aircraft was rock steady but his was all over the place.

I watched another video done at the same place shot just the day before the one above and in very similar conditions and the pilot was using a Phantom 3. I can see a stark contrast between my video and his: He was obviously having difficulties in his flight and the video was no-where as stable as mine. It is true that the H (and it's gimbal) is exceptional in the wind: my aircraft was rock steady but his was all over the place.
Six is better than four as they say, it's just a nice machine, just hope Yuneec realise and keep the program moving forward and not drift off, will see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt