Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Mantis owner with a couple of questions....

Reaction score
I've been flying a Q500 4K for a couple of years now, and yesterday decided to give the Mantis Q a try.

After picking it up this morning, I charged all the batteries and decided to give it a shot and see how things went.

The first problem I had was trying to install the latest software. I am currently running APP software version 1.2.12 and drone and controller version 1.1.05

Each time I start the system it, I get a message telling me to download the most current software. About 90% of the time I can not even remove that screen from my phone. I have to close the app, and then start over. When I push the "OK" button, I get a constant message that "the server can not be contacted".

Am I having a bad day with the server down, or do I have other problems?

Second issue is I can not get the compass to calibrate. I have been to about 10 different places around my house, out in a field, and over to a softball park. I keep getting constant messages that the compass is not working correctly.

When I get up to fly, everything seems to go great. Very little drift, quick response, RTH seems to work great. Any ideas?

Thirdly, should the phone WIFI be turned off, or on and connected to the Mantis WiFi?

What happens of you fly without a phone connected? Just using the controller and drone?

Loss of screen, no pictures, and loss of battery status?

Thanks,

Jerry

1 small update.

I was able to do a complete and successful compass calibration, standing in my kitchen, right in the middle of the house!!!

1 problem gone, now to figure out the update splash screen I keep getting....

Jerry

Update #2

I did not have time yesterday to do any set up or flying, but today, as soon as I hooked it up and got the dreaded update message I hit OK, expecting the same results.

Low and behold, it took me straight to the download options page, I clicked "download" and away it went. It took about 10 minutes and all was right with the world.

I had to recalibrate the compass after the download, and it went smoothly also.

Off to test out the flying and see how it does.

Jerry

Reactions: FINNY
Just an update.....

I've been flying the Mantis for about 2-3 weeks now and have really enjoyed having this little guy.

I've found that I can throw it and its accessories in a bag and take off just about anywhere. I've enjoyed it som much that I am giving serious thought to selling my Q500 4K.

Is there any market now for a used drone?

Thanks,

Jerry

Reactions: Rickbat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33